DjangoBooks.com

Best settings and setup for Blue Yeti microphone

2»

Comments

• spatzospatzo Virtuoso

Hey Lango the banjo's music is really nice, congratulations!

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited October 2021 Posts: 1,855

Thanks, guys. I would be happy to add some banjo to the J’attendrai project… on one condition…

…please, never tell the guy that I once mocked a few years ago for his thread at this site, which was all about how wonderful it would be if five-string banjo could be incorporated into gypsy jazz…

…because that would be highly embarrassing…

Will

PS Just back from listening to the rough layout… Buco, what a great job you did on that Django intro!

Please let me know how I can add to this project… are you still considering a New Orleans-style collective improv at the end? The banjo would fit nicely with that, or else also it would match up well with an accordion if you have one…

BucoWillie
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

I think that guy left the forum since. Had no sense of humor anyway.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • edited October 2023 Posts: 3

Hey there! It's always great to see musicians collaborating and appreciating each other's work. Music brings people together, and it's awesome to witness the positive vibes here. Keep the banjo magic going, and who knows, maybe that New Orleans-style collective improv will happen! If you decide to record your music, choose a microphone from this guide https://asmrmicrophones.com/. These are good quality.

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited October 2023 Posts: 1,855

Hi guys, I ran into this old thread and discovered that there were actually few unwitting victims out there upon whom I could inflict my old banjo shtick, so here for the entertainment of all you musical masochists is my latest opus.. "Baubles, Bangles and Beads"

It's the only jazz standard originally written by Borodin, I believe...

Enjoy!

Will

WillieBuco
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

I'm not convinced that isn't the rainbow connection.