DjangoBooks.com

Hot Club Djangobooks instrumentation

edited September 2021 in Welcome Posts: 4,735

Here is what we have as of now, 9/10/21, instruments wise in order of appearance. Please correct me if I put you on a wrong instrument. Also, guitar players, let me know if you plan on soloing or just rhythm:

@AndyW clarinet

@Buco guitar

@Willie guitar, vocals

@morricone guitar

@gitane007 guitar... violin?

@billyshakes guitar

@bbwood_98 guitar, bass

@Lango-Django guitar...maybe...

@rudolfochrist guitar

@MikeK guitar

@Bones guitar

@PapsPier clarinet

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
rudolfochristAndyW

Comments

• rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

@Buco Yes, guitar for me. I can also play some double bass. If possible, I would like to solo. ☺️

Buco
  • WillieWillie HamburgNew

@Buco: Vocals, maybe rhythm guitar.

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Guitar George, here...

Buco
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭

Maybe @Bones and I could do the final theme together? Maybe guitar playing the melody and clarinet a second voice or some fillings. What do you guys think?

BucorudolfochristBones
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

Hey Buco,

I'll just play bass - there are a lot of guitars, so that seems like what we don't need.

\B.

BucorudolfochristWillie

Let's see what song we'll end up doing first.

@Buco

Why not do both "J'attendrai" and "Duj"? Thus we would perform a triplet western and a straight eastern europe gypsy tune.

BillDaCostaWilliamsBuco
  • BonesBones Moderator

Yikes, I better try to ease off work and let my tendonitis heal a bit and dust off the guitar!!

So J'Attendrai? What tempo? Should we have a grille just to be sure everyone is on the same proverbial page?

BucorudolfochristWillie
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 4,735

@Willie It's a fun song. How do you envision it?

As J'attendrai inspired me to finally learn Django intro, Duj would inspire me to get better at this style of rhythm comping with separate and moving bass.

Reminded myself @gitane007 is very good on violin exactly on this kind of traditional stuff like Duj.

Willie
    edited September 2021 Posts: 825

@Bones

J'attendrai tempo: my suggestion would be around 140 bpm, as a compromise between not rushing the stanza and not falling asleep during the refrains/solos.

@Buco

Is "fun song" meaning the meaning of the song, or did you mean that it would bei fun to play it? (Or both?) - There are versions starting rubato or at least very slow, increasing to a high tempo. But I'm wondering how this could be managed in our case. Vocals at least 2 chorusses with lyrics.

I think you understand the serbo-croatian lyrics. Can you translate them for us?