DjangoBooks.com

Other European guitars

167891012»

Comments

• elianuelianu New Caponnetto Di Mauro

Hello everyone, I think it's the right topic. Today I bought for 30 euros this small, parlor size guitar, similar in shape to a Gibson L1 guitar. A few adjustments to make ( the bridge was misplaced 0,5 cm too near the neck and a lot of dirt to clean.

Online I've found very few informations about this MORENA brand; someone says it is California related, other says it is linked to Italy or even Mexico. Has someone ever seen one of these? Online you'll find a few archtop models of this brand.

Willie
  • elianuelianu New Caponnetto Di Mauro

Hello, has everyone ever seen something like this? Seems german or eastern.

Willie
  • WillieWillie HamburgNew
    edited December 2023 Posts: 826

Body design is funny, but the gap between neck and body and the brutal screw are strong indicators for a would-be guitar maker.

• Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, some Gitanes and quite a few others

Here's an interesting guitar, just listed on Ebay. Nice D hole. Any clues?

Willie
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Probably a DiMauro Hawaiian guitar. You can find an old thread on it here. Meant to be played on the lap. The tipoff are the reversed tuning machines. The guy that started this thread (Chris) had one at one time. Not sure if he still does. He was selling some off a while back on Reverb and doesn't frequent as much around here any longer.

BillDaCostaWilliamsWillieJangle_Jamie