DjangoBooks.com

John Jorgenson - Gypsy Jazz seminar - Vancouver aug. 14-19

wjtwjt Vancouver, BC, CanadaNew
edited July 2006 in North America Posts: 4
John Jorgenson will be a guest artist at Guitar Workshop Plus Aug. 14-20 in Vancouver, BC, Canada. They are holding a Gypsy Jazz Seminar with Budge Schachte as the instructor and John will be appearing as a guest instructor.

Check out the website for more information www.guitarworkshop.plus all styles of guitar, bass, drums, keys and vocals also offered.

Here is the course description:

Gypsy Jazz (Session 3)

With Budge Schachte and special guest John Jorgenson

This hands on course will focus on the style made popular by masters such as Django Reinhardt, Lagrene, Rosenberg, Romane and others and is designed to have you playing in the Gypsy style immediately! Learn authentic chord shapes and progressions combined with the traditional "La Pompe" rhythmic feel. The class will explore scales, arpeggios, licks, melodies and develop an awareness of phrasing and forward motion that will have you sounding authentic right out of the box! Learn a classic Django solo and "model" the man himself. At the heart of this style are the Gypsy jazz standards; Minor Swing, Dinah, Swing 42, Nuage, Limehouse Blues, Djangology and Dark Eyes. Participants will leave this course with essential skills and an enhanced appreciation of this infectious style. Budge is a member of the band Van Django and is a busy Vancouver area guitarist. This class will also enjoy some instruction from John Jorgenson.

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    That link is not correct. It should be:

http://www.guitarworkshopplus.com/
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • wjtwjt Vancouver, BC, CanadaNew
    thanks klaatu....I have fat fingers!!!....and had a brain freeze.

hope you had a chance to check out the site and was of some interest.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Most definitely of interest. I'm afraid I've got other commitments around those dates, though. Any plans for future GJ seminars?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • wjtwjt Vancouver, BC, CanadaNew
    not at this time but please pass the info along to any other aspiring GJ musicians that you may know. also, many other styles of guitar, bass drums, keys and vocals are offered in both Toronto and Vancouver campus. thanks for your interest!!
    Lordy, how I wish I could come, just for the opportunity to meet JJ. If I had known earlier, I might have been able to, but I'm away the weekend before and gigging the weekend after. I'll keep an eye on your site and maybe something will come up in the future.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles