DjangoBooks.com

It's nice here

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

I heard this story about Louis Armstrong, perhaps it is even true...who knows...?

Anyway, so the story goes... when Louis would be approached by horn players wanting to sit in, Louis would invite them up to the bandstand...

... and then he and the band would play a special arrangement of some jazz standard or other that they had all memorized.

This piece was in the key of B natural...

... leaving the guest musician twisting in the wind when it came his turn to play a solo... suddenly he couldn’t play two notes right...

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Here's something on a similar vane. In the 40s and 50s amps had multiple inputs. Guitar, mic, bass accordion etc. Sooooo if some hot shot showed up and wanted to play though your amp it was hard to say no.

The 25L25 amps by Standel, were one off amps made for Merle Travis, Chet Atkins, Grady Martin, Speedy West, Joe Maphis. The heavy hitters of the West coast country scene. They only had 1 input. https://www.12fret.com/wp-content/gallery/standel-25l15-amp-2003-cons/standel-25l15-amp-2003-cons-controls.jpg

Sorry dude you can't plug in!

Or so it seems. What is your friend shows up and wants to jam. https://www.12fret.com/wp-content/gallery/standel-25l15-amp-2003-cons/standel-25l15-amp-2003-cons-upper-amp.jpg

Check up the volume knob and input on the under side of the chassis.

These are phenomenal sounding amps. I've played through an original and a reproduction. I strongly regret not buying the repro when I had the chance.

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Sorry dude you can't plug in!

“Don’t worry! My banjo doesn’t need an amp anyway!”

Buco
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

On the question of politics, they're like eggs: smooth on the surface, slimy on the inside, very fragile and get stinky real fast if hurt or damaged. But like it or not, they feed the masses.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent

I, too, find it nice here. And I've definitely noticed the lack of politics on the forum & am grateful for it. The most heated discussions I've seen here (and the greatest cultural divisions among the regulars here) involve hot-button topics such as pick thickness, 9th vs 10th fret dots & the merits of Django's acoustic recordings vs electric. Very refreshing indeed.

Buco
  • BonesBones Moderator

I don't follow other GJ sites. What politics could there be? Bireli for president? :-)

rudolfochristBucobillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliams
  • WillieWillie HamburgNew

No, Tchavolo!😜

Bucobillyshakes
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

No, no, no...Ted Nugent is the man !

(or how to put a moderator on the spot !)

WillieBillDaCostaWilliams
  • MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent

I'm voting for Buco.

BucoLango-DjangobillyshakesWillierudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliamsBones