DjangoBooks.com

Gonzalo Bergara's "Abril"

JosechikyJosechiky
in Repertoire Posts: 122

Hi guys,

Does anyone out there could help me with the chord progressions used in this tune written by the great Gonzalo Bergara?

https://youtu.be/5yzOqNyUt9o

Thank you so much in advance!

Comments

• PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio

Started watching this video, but the slow Mo video was way over the top, so gave up. I'll have a listen without the vid.

Cheers... Phil

Josechiky
  • JojoJojo London UK

Sounds like the chord progression in the ballpark of Tears and Clare De Lune

Josechiky
  • JosechikyJosechiky

The result couldn't be better. It's a beautiful tune, one of my favourites one from this album.

• ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus
    edited April 2021 Posts: 186

Haven't figured it out yet, but I would recommend to try to figure out Gonzalo's voicing specifically, or just focus on the bass.

Mostly because Gonzalo has admitted to just "trying" different things on the guitar until he found something he liked. Then he had to spend "months" learning how to solo over the tune he just wrote.

Josechiky
  • JosechikyJosechiky

I'd love figuring it out by myself but I'm not that smart enough to do so.

There's no smarts at this stuff. Just time. Start now so you can become better at it. If you started back when you asked for the transcription, you would be teaching us how to do it. Not that I have a problem to try to figure it out for you, just lack of time...

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O

Gonzalo would probably be willing to help. Shoot him a line.