DjangoBooks.com

Midnight in Moscow

I heard a gypsy jazz album a while back featuring female singer singing French version of Midnight In Moscow. Anyone know the group and album ?

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Unfortunately, I don’t know the version you are seeking, but I love this tune, too...

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

I was digging through Spotify this morning but no luck. We play this one regularly, great tune, pretty melody and has a really nice unusual turnaround.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BonesBones Moderator

Hey Buco,

Nice tune. What key do you play it in? Do you have a grille? thx

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Not sure if anything here is what you are looking for. Midnight in Moscow is the Kenny Ball & His Jazzmen title, but the original title is more closely translated to "Moscow Nights" in English. The French lyrics go under the name "Le temps du muguet." Francis Lemarque is the original French artist, but there have been several women who have sang it.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Nuits_de_Moscou

Here are a few, not sure which version you were looking for:

Danielle Darrieux

Mireille Mathieu

Dorothee

rudolfochristBuco
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

@Bones I found a grille in the Django Fakebook 2008 and will be glad to send it if requested. You can find several versions in iReal Pro, as well.

Hey @Bones we play it in D- and this is the chart we use

Bonesrudolfochrist
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

I know I already posted several versions, but I just watched this 2+minutes of pure bliss. Moreno playing the same song. Such effortless playing, and clear picking. I think my favorite part is around 2:23 where, in the middle of the head out, he casually turns to look at some approaching people as if he is just waiting for the bus. Never misses a beat.

BucorudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliams
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Samy Daussat looks youthful in this video.

Not often these days that you see a guitarist almost upstaged by a couple of horses.

billyshakesrudolfochrist