DjangoBooks.com

Need some help on custom build specs....

I’m having a small travel guitar built up for me by Steve Chipman at vintageparlorguitars.com

the rebuild will be on a 1960’s harmony 00 12 fret spruce top maple back and sides, but will be spec’d towards the Gypsy guitars a bit

so far I’m thinking floating bridge/tailpiece, ladder bracing, shallow/medium D neck profile, 25-25.5 scale length, 1 3/4 “ nut, rosewood fretboard with marker at 10th fret instead of 9th, 16-20” radius on fretboard,

I am unclear what would be a good string spacing though. I’d like it to be consistent with my Zwinakis. Also unclear about the fretboard radius. I came across a thread here which gave 16-20” as a good range?

would appreciate a little feedback and perhaps some other suggestions if I’m missing something.

thanks!!

Comments

Sounds very cool.

Wouldn't the nut width dictate the string spacing though for the most part? You go inside 1.5-2mm from low and high E and then space evenly.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel