DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

jsp775 SamaraPina

New Django Reinhardt footage?? (walking not playing...)

TonyReesTonyRees New South Wales, Australia
edited July 31 in History Posts: 77
Hey all, this just popped up on my Facebook feed, courtesy of Philippe Navenant: "Django Reinhardt, Gent 1943"

Not seen this before!! If non-FB users cannot see it, I will investigate further...

Edit: Now I see, uploaded to Youtube 7 years ago...

and mentioned at DjangoStation around then as well: https://www.djangostation.com/Nouvelle-video-Django-Reinhardt-a.html

-Tony

BucovanmalmsteenBill Da Costa Williamsbillyshakes

Comments

Can't say I've seen this before. A true celebrity.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    edited August 1 Posts: 425

Unfortunately Patrus enabled youtube's digital image stabilization when uploading the video so that's why it looks weird and the text is moving around. It comes from a random Belgian news segment on some modern Gypsy Jazz.

It appeared very sudden and unexpected, almost went under the radar, and I think the original link is gone. Makes me wonder if there's more out there, I wonder where they sourced this clip from?

• spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    edited August 1 Posts: 737

8 years ago moreless I went to Gand to play a couple of gigs during « Les fêtes de Gand » and I met the woman that directed the theater Capitol where Django played in 1943. She allowed me to visit the place and told me that there was a video of Django at the theater in the forties but I was unable to see it in that time.

Soon after Koen de Cauter who is The Boss in Gand published the video in some blog.

• A GentA Gent ✭✭

Non-stabilised version from 2:18 here.

https://vimeo.com/85151868

Bucobillyshakesspatzo