DjangoBooks.com

dialing in a good archtop tone

2»

Comments

• MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent

Indeed, vanmalmsteen. I have a single cd collection of his electric stuff (it's packaged as "The Great Artistry of Django Reinhardt" from the Jazz In Paris series by Blue Star) which includes that beautiful version of Nuage. It also has Night & Day, Confessin', Blues For Ike, etc, we've all heard these electric versions on various collections through the years, and there's nothing quite like them. That's my favorite cd these days. Having all those electric tunes together like that, I go to it time & time again for inspiration.

Christophecarington, thanks for your suggestions on the settings. I'm going to toy with them at my gig tonight with the trusty old archtop. I'll let you all know how it goes. Thanks, team djangobooks!

Bucovanmalmsteen
  • MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent

The Epiphone Joe Pass did great on the gig last night, my bandmates complimented my tone & I liked it as well. As always, I appreciate the suggestions from this forum. This is quite a resource, made up of generous, knowledgeable musicians!

Bucomatthewkanismac63000vanmalmsteenBones