Favourite players you wish had released more stuff

Comments

• TwangTwang New

We need this player back in our lives!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lacf9l9c8xc

Buco
  • rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100
    edited June 2020 Posts: 140

As far as I know Dino replaced Mandino Reinhardt at Collège Solignac in Stasbourg. Perhaps he is more into teaching nowadays. But don't take my word. I've got this information second hand, so it can be all wrong. 😊

TwangBuco
  • ericlaveericlave ✭✭ DiMauro St-Louis Blues

I don't know if they have a lot out but for me i'd be very happy to have more from Gwen Cahue....and....have something from Remi Harris.

Bucowimrudolfochrist
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 4,732

Both Remi and Gwen should definitely on everybody's map more than they are. To me Remi's fast lines fluidity are on par with the very best in the genre. Think Adrien Moignard level. Gwen is wonderful to listen to especially his chordal harmonies and of course his virtuosity is off the charts.

Then I'll always be bummed that Scaramouche (Jazz Manouche) stopped being active. They only have one album and one EP behind, one of my favorite albums in the genre.

Recently Dennis has brought more awareness to him but Rocky Gresset has been well under radar and only a few recorded albums. His namesake album I listened to daily for months, couldn't get enough of it.

By the way that was very nice introduction @Twang i enjoyed reading it a lot, thanks.

Twang
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • TwangTwang New

Haha your welcome Buco. It was fun cos it enabled me to re-live the moment while I was writing it. A happy time in my life.

Buco
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator

For me, it is Tchavalo Schmitt that I wish had recorded more often in his career. Also, more from Maurice Ferret and more from Fapy would have been nice.

rudolfochrist
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

I'm gonna throw this one out there... Django! Would have loved to hear what would have come later on in the 50s...

Also I second Fapy!

billyshakeswimBones
  • TwangTwang New

No you don't, he'd have bought a strat and joined the Beatles 😆😁

mac63000billyshakes
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B