DjangoBooks.com

Dupont Nomade Nylon

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum!

Any thoughts about the nylon version of the Nomade? I can't find any review or videos.

Any owners here? Thank you!

Matteo

Ā«1

Comments

• TwangTwang New

Wow! I was about to tell you that there wasn't one and you got confused but then I found it online!

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I own a Nomade and it's great. I'm really interested in this cos if it's as good as the Nomade steel strings then you are getting a top quality nylon string selmac at a budget price. It might be a first.

• dagmatdagmat New

Thanks for the answer Twang, I'm very interested in this guitar and I found it very strange that nobody wrote about it here on the forum.

Your comment, however, is certainly helpful!

• TwangTwang New

Thing is, I come from classical guitar background and I don't overly enjoy playing nylon strings with a pick. However, this is my problem. I think this could be because there is a tendency to play too hard like on a steel string and the nylon string hasn't got the head room and sounds compressed.

Gypsy rhythm played on a nylon string can be a sound to die for, especially on the latin stuff.

Dagmat I wish you hadn't shown me this guitar.

mac63000
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

Gypsy rhythm played on a nylon string can be a sound to die for, especially on the latin stuff.

That's what I did for several years before buying a selmer copy... Now the classical doesn't get too much attention, however šŸ˜…

Twang

Although now that I think about it... A nylon string nomade would be a lot of fun... Let us know if you get one ;)

dagmat
  • TwangTwang New

There isn't really a signature gypsy guitar nylon string sound that I'm aware of. So players would be buying it for the looks/vibe mainly (a good enough reason!). That's not to say it won't sound great and even have some unique sound qualities and be worth every penny. But if you compare it with any other cutaway nylon string would it sound that different? Where as the difference between a regular selmac and say a dreadnought is huge.

Don't know the answer to this.

What's really interesting is that, from the picture I saw, the neck looks the same width as a standard classical (52mm). often hybrids are 48mm. Its still 14 frets to the body. The bridge is really high for a classical, more like a selmac.

Yeah I'm not familiar with one but weren't the original Maccafferi models based on a nylon string setup? Hence the shorter scale length, wider neck, etc. I imagine the sound would be a bit more subdued and darker than the steel string version, and I'm guessing the sound would still be dryer compared to say a standard classical guitar. Video demos would be very helpful!

dagmat
  • TwangTwang New

The only photos I saw of this guitar were in some guitar dealers website. You could clearly see the label in one and it was dated jan 2017. I suspect it might be a one off and not a new product launch.

• rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

I don't think it is a one off. It's listed on Dupont's website. See -> http://www.acoustic-guitars.com/EN/gypsy-swing-guitars-maccaferri-classical.php

Model: NOMADE-MACCA Nylon

I had the opportunity to play a MCC100 that really impressed me. IIRC the sound was more like our usual gypsy guitar, perhaps a bit softer, than a classical guitar. Playing was like butter on it šŸ˜„

dagmatmac63000
  • dagmatdagmat New
    edited June 2020 Posts: 4

@Twang There is a signature model, is the Gitane DG-560 Lulo ...i-m studying :)

Th Nut width of the Dupont mcc100 is 2ā€ (5.08mm) the other ones are narrower, the Gitane is 1 15/16ā€ (4.9 cm) and the Altamira is 1 7/8ā€ (4.76 cm). I-d like to know which is the nut width of the Dupont Nomade Nylon, because I-m a flamenco guitarist and I like more space for the left hand. I wrote to Dupont, but Iā€™m still waiting for a reply...

Maybe @MichaelHorowitz knows the nut width of the Dupony Nomade Nylon...if yes please help me with info :)

@rudolfo.christ thanks for your impressions on the Dupont MCC100!

rudolfochrist