DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (1)

• everett 8:06AM

Today's Birthdays

JoyceZ21is Julien Jenze

Youtube videos on Gypsy Jazz

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 2,027

Hello folks! I've started making Youtube videos on my personal channel (not DC Music School). These are free videos on a wide range of topics. I started doing this because every year, people email me about certain topics, and some of them are complex questions, so I decided to start doing this! It takes a lot of time and money (hiring assistand and video editor) to make these videos, so if you do enjoy the content, it would be super appreciated if you could like, subscribe and leave a comment to please the Youtube algorithm. I found out from my Youtube mentor Christiaan van Hemert that it's all about pleasing the algorithm. This allows me to eventually monetize the videos and attempt to make back the money I spent to make this free content.

First topic on the history of plectrum technique (multi-part video):

Second topic is on learning the jazz language. Do not be fooled by the title; I made it with classical violinists in mind, but it applies to all instruments:

Third topic is on the Gypsy sound; why Gypsy players tend to have their own sound that goes way beyond Gypsy Picking or Gypsy Jazz licks.

I will make more soon, and if you have suggestions for topics, let me know! I will make one on rhythm guitar soon

Bucogeese_comrudolfo.christBill Da Costa WilliamsadrianwdickersonStringsMichaelHorowitzScoredognomadgtrand 5 others.

Comments