DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthday

mschafft

Related Discussions

Who's Online (1)

• conormckenna 8:43AM

A tune that has become an obsession... "My One and Only Love"

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
Just a few great versions of this great tune...

AndyWBucoJosechiky
I live in a little tourist town called Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario, Canada, which is about twenty miles north of Niagara Falls.

If you are ever planning on visiting the beautiful Niagara area, feel free to PM me and perhaps we can get together and do some jamming.

Related Discussions

Discussion Starter Forum R / V Latest
My transcription of a little love a little kiss (solos)Im sharing my transcription of the 2 solos in a Little love a Little Kiss, any information or corrections are welcome renzok Welcome 7 / 1.7K Matteo on June 2015
FREE Strings - Argentine (loopend red, E and A); Gallistrings (ballend, E, A, and D)Trying to make sure that these strings don't go to waste. I have 2x of each Gallistring. I won't even charge for postage! Email contact preferr… itsthewoo Classifieds 0 / 168 itsthewoo on July 2017
"A little love, a little kiss" by Eddie LangWhen I heard this solo version by Eddie Lang for the first time I was completely shocked, happy to share it with you and to receive some comments. emicad Gypsy Jazz Italia 1 / 999 emicad on July 2006
"A little love, a little kiss" transcriptionEddie Lang's solo version. emicad Gypsy Jazz Italia 1 / 1.6K emicad on July 2006
A gig and a jam in Brooklyn This weekHi everyone, This week there is a gig and a jam session (un bouef! sp?). I am playing tonight with the Manhattan Hot Club at Belleville, a fantastic … bbwood_98 Archtop Eddy's Corner 1 / 1.4K bbwood_98 on July 2007
Want to buy my first and only Gypsy guitar. Decent budgetHello...I am a new member and really appreciate this site and all of its contributers. I have been playing guitar for a while now, mostly jazz on a … saxguy Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 52 / 12.6K MichaelHorowitz on September 2007
My New Cigano GJ-10..A mini review and some questionsI ordered my Cigano about a month ago, from here of course. Michael very quickly replied to my on-line order, and let me know that it was out-of-stoc… dgimcmillan Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 3 / 3.9K dgimcmillan on November 2009
Taking a chance on love..Sara Lazarus and Bireli..Anyone have a good chart or fancy giving it a go? I have always loved that tune and the real book dos'nt seem to be on the same wave length as me.. :… rimm Repertoire 3 / 331 rimm on April 2010
A tune on my new guitarWell I'm here in Nort-Sur-Erdre in the French countryside resting and recovering after Django in June then Samois. Here's a tune I did this evening … Wim Glenn Welcome 4 / 481 Wim Glenn on July 2013
Looking for a GJ Guitar for a Friend on a BudgetFolks, I have a friend who is a fine jazz guitarist on the West Coast looking to get a gypsy guitar. His budget is $1,100 tops. That eliminates a lot… Michael Bauer Classifieds 1 / 598 backdrifter on August 2014
More solo videos - "Anouman" and "You and the Night and the Music"Hey guys, A couple more videos if you're interested. I went for a short holiday by the beach this week, so in the background you can see the Aust… Jon Welcome 12 / 621 klaatu on January 2015
Using a guitar that isn't anything like a Gypsy Jazz guitarHi, as I'm fairly inexperienced in the realm of GJ (though I do practice a lot) I'm wondering about the suitability of my guitar. Having never accomp… Jojo Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 16 / 2.1K Jojo on December 2015
A Selmer D 500. Difference betweem a Selmer and Gitane.Hi, all. I'm new to Gypsy Jazz guitars and am looking for one. I just saw a Selmer D with a Selmer Decal on head stock and tag in the body. I've s… JoePra Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 4 / 429 JoePra on November 2016
A Little Love A Little Kiss Matt MunisteriCame across this Youtube Video be sure to start at the beginning for some reason when I clicked play it started after the song Check out 0:31 t… pickitjohn Eddie Lang Club 3 / 378 klaatu on September 2017
My Gypsy Jazz Journey (a cautionary tale with a happy ending)Hi friends, Many of you have noticed that I've begun to sell a lot of GJ gear, including books, my spare guitar, my ischell system, etc, and some … anthon_74 Gypsy Jazz 101 17 / 1.2K Lango-Django on December 2017
A newcomer and a guitar question.Hi Everyone, I am a newcomer to gypsy jazz and I’m having lessons with a teacher. I’m enjoying it so far so I’m reaching out for advice on a guit… diminishedrun Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 28 / 1.7K wimden on December 2017
Eddie Lang's a little love, a little kiss.....played by Brett ComeauxGreat Job on one of My Favorite Tunes... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V3dmG0dN7I pickitjohn Eddie Lang Club 0 / 186 pickitjohn on January 2018
SOLD 2000's Claude Patenotte 254 (a good one) $699 w/case and shipping included to ConusHello - Here is a Patenotte 254, neck is dead straight, frets are like new, action is at 3mm. I've owned a number of Pat's, a few were not great, th… constantine Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 1 / 174 Andrew Ulle on March 8
A case for a Gitane D-500?So I just got a D-500. Does anyone have advice on a case that works well? Thanks! viper Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 14 / 4.6K drolling on January 2005
Living Legend Ninine Garcia "My Dream of Love"Hey All, I noticed that Michael is stocking Ninine's new CD. Do yourselves a favor and buy it. His is a fresh [i]Parisian[/i] view at the current st… Ted Gottsegen CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews 4 / 2K djangology on February 2005

Comments

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Musicalia, Bucolo et. al.
    'tis a beautiful tune, a favourite of mine.
    For us saxophonists, the most famous interpreters are, perhaps -
    John Coltrane with Johnny Hartman vocal:

and Michael Brecker:
    |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
    /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
    |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
    '---''(_/--' (_/-'
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Nice.

Have you ever heard this one by Houston Person with only bass accompaniment?

And this wonderful version by Stephane Grappelli with some lovely Lang-style guitar accompaniment by Barney Kessel...

I live in a little tourist town called Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario, Canada, which is about twenty miles north of Niagara Falls.

If you are ever planning on visiting the beautiful Niagara area, feel free to PM me and perhaps we can get together and do some jamming.
  • One of my favourite covers of this tune is this one:

BucoLango-Django
  • Wow thank you @Josechiky that's truly beautiful.
    Josechiky
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    And for us who (like Django, ha!) play a bit of trumpet, and sometimes sing, there is of cause Chet Baker. I miss the days when he was still around and playing in clubs and on concert stages.

Ça ne veut rien dire si ça ne swingue pas
  • Buco wrote: »
    Wow thank you @Josechiky that's truly beautiful.

You're welcome!Glad you liked :3
  • michaelbmichaelb New
    edited May 11
    Bireli and Sylvain

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Musicalia, Bucolo et. al.
    always room for one more saxophone---
    |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
    /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
    |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
    '---''(_/--' (_/-'