DjangoBooks.com

Rosenberg academy or Joscho Stephan's Gypsyjazzguitar academy

2»

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E
    Of course Adrian is too humble to mention that his very excellent site Soundslice has cool and very inexpensive gypsy jazz videos with music & tablature from folks like Gonzalo, Joscho, Rino, Duved D., etc. Music scrolls along with the video as its being played. Check it out! Lots of free stuff there too.
    Josechiky
  • Feruza2134 wrote: »
    , does anybody have any tips for learning solo's by ear because i have a hard time with that.

There's the easy way and the hard way. The hard way would be to just sit there a do process of elimination across 12 frets and 6 strings. That'll take you forever. I know because I've been there.

Or..... You can learn all inversions of your chords and get those sounds committed to your ear. That's a process that takes time but the results will take you as far as your imagination. Learning that and applying it to tunes will not only make you an exciting rhythm player but you'll find that all of these solos that you want to figure out by ear come out of those chords in junction with major scale of the key you're playing in. There's about 3-5 ways to grab the same chord with variables you can change to your liking which in turn creates more ways. I've found this to be the easiest and most fulfilling way to learn what's on the records because then you can find your own voice and ultimately accompany yourself which is great because then you don't need a band. Anyways, i hope that helps.

-Nico
    JosechikyBillDaCostaWilliams
  • CbacbaCbacba New
    edited July 2021 Posts: 3

Rossenberg academy is much better in my opinion!!

• CbacbaCbacba New
    edited July 2021 Posts: 3

Yaakov Hoter is very good teacher

Vebjørnbillyshakes