DjangoBooks.com

Most efficient complete set of Django recordings

Does anyone know the most efficient way to purchase all of django’s Recordings, preferably on vinyl, with the least amount of duplicate songs (unless they are different version or different recordings of the same song) doesn’t have to be original releases, in other words they can be rereleased compilations. I know he had quite the discography so I’m looking for a list that gets me close. If you have a list of CD’s as well, that would be great! Thanks guys!

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    edited March 2018 Posts: 3,319
    I think there is the complete recordings on CD out there. At least I have a box set that says it is the complete recordings. May be out there on vinyl but probably not new. I'd just get the CDs.

This ought to get you there.

http://www.djangobooks.com/Category/django_cd

Hope this helps
  • Russell LetsonRussell Letson Prodigy
    edited March 2018 Posts: 355
    I don't think you're going to find an in-print vinyl set, at least, short of the collectors' market. I started my attempt at completeness in the pre-CD days with the French EMI Djangologie LP set, purchased piecemeal (and never completed). It has been reissued as a 20-disc CD box. I have most of the Fremaux CDs and the first five JSP CDs remastered by Ted Kendall, whose work is admired by many. I confess that I've not bothered to do direct sound comparisons among and between the overlapping collections I've acquired over the decades, but there's plenty of opinion available on the internet.
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    For completeness, the Fremeaux integrale is the best set. Then if you want recordings from a specific period with pitch correction and remastered, you have the violin Quintet and clarinet Quintet boxes from Adf-Label Ouest that are a good investment (but not complete)
    MichaelHorowitzsteffo