DjangoBooks.com

Super Lightweight Foam Case Redux

You know those super light hard foam cases? Weight of a gig bag, but really solid inside? Has anyone found one recently that fits a Gypsy guitar? I have a Dell Arte - Anouman model. So there was an ancient thread about this, I thought I'd probe the current status of this issue.
Tagged:

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    I ran across this one from Germany, but they have been slow to answer my questions about fit. https://www.gypsyguitar.de/parts/11784/standard-case-softcase-gypsy
  • Russell LetsonRussell Letson Prodigy
    edited February 2018 Posts: 356
    The Dell'Arte (15.75" lower bout) is roughly the size of a dreadnaught, so something like the Travelite TL-50 should fit it. (I use standard dreadnaught-size cases for my Dunn Daphne.) I have a TL-60 for my National M-1, and it's a very sturdy case--lots of foam all around and a decently stiff top/back to resist crushing. Not as tough as a real flight case, but more reliable, I think, than a plywood case and much lighter. Maybe tougher than my old favorite trapezoidal ProTek cases--and the foam is less likely to decay the way the styrofoam of the ProTeks has.

Somewhere on the Saga site there's a chart with case dimensions, but it's buried and I can't find the link. In any, um, case, it's worth investigating.
  • These are great and not too expensive. I've fit my Derecho, AJL, and other similar Selmer style guitars in mine. I've had it for quite a few years and it is still in relatively good shape.
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/WolfPak/Acoustic-Guitar-Polyfoam-Case.gc