DjangoBooks.com

recommended strings for dg 255

Hi guys

I recently bought new gitane dg 255. There is a tag attached to a headstock of the guitar. It says in the tag that parisian gitane strings are recommended for this guitar. My problem is that nowhere else I found information that parisian gitane strings are recommended for this guitar. If you go to guitars section of Michaels webpage it says that ghs gypsy strings are installed in new dg 255. I am even more confused because I don't know what strings are installed in my guitar now- I haven't changed them since I bought my new guitar. I like their sound but I don't know what strings are these in case I want to buy the same ones when I need to change the strings after they wear out. Any recommendation from you guys ?

Comments

• AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    You ought to try them all yourself, and see what you like best. Not only is it subjective, but what's "best" may vary from one guitar to another, even of the same make and model. Variables such as bridge material & height, top thickness, bracing, type & amount of finish, etc.

Even though most people will recommend 10s for a 670 mm scale, others prefer 11s, depending on their style or habits.

Listen to someone else play your guitar (if possible) - it sounds vastly different to the player vs. the audience. And take notes about each set so you don't forget your impressions of each.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @rafpak you must have gotten a really old DG-255 that was sitting in a warehouse somewhere as they haven’t strung the Gitanes with Gitane brand stings for a long time. In fact, they stopped making those strings well over 5 years ago. Saga now uses the GHS strings, mostly because they’re cheap. I’d just use argentines, they work best for most guitars.
    AndrewUlle
  • rafapakrafapak ✭✭
    thanks for replies