DjangoBooks.com

Still looking for information about Bucolo

1235»

Comments

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Hello Pierluigi, that is great news!

Some of us on here have been trying to piece the story of the Bucolos together from what evidence we can find. Any further details you can add would be most useful: names, dates, places etc. There are a lot of guitars by P. Bucolo around, they often appear in various online forums and sales but those attributed to Horace seem to be much rarer. Anything you can add would be much appreciated.

• pbucolopbucolo New

Hi Chris,

it's correct that instruments manufactured by Horace are much rarer.

The reason is that Horace production was made in Paris only for few years.

Due your interest, my intention is to create a little website with the story of Bucolo liuthers.

I hope to have much time to spend to create it.

BTW, I'm available to answer to your questions.

Regards,

• Pierluigi

billyshakesrudolfochristAndyW
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 600

I'm selling this heavily-restored, parlour-sized P Bucolo Catania gypsy guitar, circa 1950

NB it's unlabelled, but certainly by this maker, - it's for sale in the UK,

I'm hoping to sell locally or UK, if it doesn't go, I'll consider international etc.

Playing nicely, twin carbon fibre truss rods, neck reset, full refret in Jescar Gold, lots of body repairs & refinishing , new tuners, vintage ebony Rene Gerome bridge, any trial welcome.

asking £ 375 ovno - although it's difficult for me to put a valuation on this.. a "mates rates" discount will apply, of course.

-Andy-

billyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsBuco