DjangoBooks.com

"Donna Lee" Adrien Moignard & Benoit Convert

Comments

• JosechikyJosechiky
    You are right @Buco,but I don't want to give up and try learning it,so any extra help will be appreciated :-).
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    edited June 2017 Posts: 2,161
    I'll say one thing about figuring out music by ear, it's totally OK to make mistakes, that's how you learn.

When I first started learning by ear, I had a hard time with chords. Notes were generally OK. Learning by ear is not something you practice, it's a lifestyle that you have to adopt, and I did it by never relying on sheet music to learn music (except classical music or for analysis purposes).

Anyone can do it if they just decide to adopt the lifestyle

When I first met my friend Will Dickerson, he did not know how to improvise one bit. Didn't know what a II V I meant, took him an hour to learn the most simple songs. This was in the summer of 2014. I told him that I would only teach him by ear and that he had to learn songs by heart. I showed him how to practice this way.

And I should also say that he s a full time student doing a master's in electrical engineering.

Now look at him, 2 and a half years later.

Josechiky
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    edited June 2017 Posts: 122
    I agree with you.I admire the work done by Will and I'm really impressed about the improvement.He has learnt the true and only way to reach the holy knowledge of gypsy jazz!Anyway,I don't have the patience required and as an amateur and non professional musician,I can't always find the time to learn some of my favourites tunes the way they myst be learned,by ear, even though I try it all the hard I can :-).I am working through the DC lessons without checking the tabs,but in some cases find it necessary.That's exactly the case with this one by Adrien and Benoit,that I need to check somewhere.It's not I'm cheating,just want to probe myself I'm going the right way even when it wouldn't be needed because making mistakes is a necessary step in the path of learning.So that's why I need this one written out.
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    Any help about this topic is still welcome :) .
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    Anyone out there willing to help to transcribe this one? :'(
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    I guess that it won't be possible to tab this one :# .
  • It could be possible, one note at a time with soundslice. I'm not trying to be snarky, but you've been asking for a month. My guess is that you would have had a chorus figured at this point and would have learned a heck of a lot. Give it a try.
    Jojowim
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    It could be possible, one note at a time with soundslice. I'm not trying to be snarky, but you've been asking for a month. My guess is that you would have had a chorus figured at this point and would have learned a heck of a lot. Give it a try.
    Maybe you're right and I should try it harder than I'm making now :'( .Thanks and sorry for insist so many times.
    Jim Kaznosky
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    edited July 2017 Posts: 2,161
    i have a bit more free time in july, if u really need it done badly, and u're ok with just having notes (no rhythm no ornaments), i can do it all in less than an hour, just email me and we'll talk details

my email is misterdmmc AT G M A I etc...
    Jim Kaznosky
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    Ok,Denis, I´ll write you right now.Thanks for the offering!