DjangoBooks.com

AER and magnetic pickups

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm interested in hearing about how other folks use magnetic pickups and AER amps. Specifically, does anyone use a pre/external EQ? If so, what are your settings? If not, what are your amp settings?
I use a Peche into a Compact 60. The sound works for the gig, but I'm sure I could get a better sound out of it and am interested to hear how others work with similar setups.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    I use a krivo into a 60 for loud gigs. Run a Baggs Venue in front. Has a tuner and a boost plus notch filter. Leave things pretty much at 50% on the eq with slight variations. Works fine for the one brutal room where I need a magnetic pickup. Would prefer an acoustic sound but this gets the job done. A different room and my settings might change.
  • Thank you, sir.
  • MattHenryMattHenry Washington, DC✭✭✭✭
    Kinda OT but have you used an Ischell yet? I'd been trying different mic/pickup solutions like anyone for years now and the Ischell is my favorite by far. I use it with an Acoustic Image Corus right now but I'd be curious to try it with something more portable.

Even more OT: are you coming to DIJ??
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 1,231
    Hey Matt

I have used the ischell for years, but stopped about a year and a half ago in favor of the Peche. My gig is very steady and I sit basically right on top of the amp. On wedding or other private gigs, the Peche is a horse. Not exactly the best sound, but it will push out enough volume for a room of 20 or a room of hundreds. I've been meaning to give the Ischell another go at the restaurant. Maybe this is the prompting I need.

No DIJ for me this year as I recently started a new job. Kinda of sucks since I've been asking for a waltz class for years and this is apparently the year of the waltz. C'est la vie. Enjoy it!