DjangoBooks.com

Finally took the plunge with my Ischell pickup...

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
... and had my local guitar tech mount it on the inside of my guitar!

It took a few tries and about an hour of experimentation to get it into the sweet spot, but now it sounds great!

I'm so happy now I can plug my 1/4 inch jack right into the tailpiece. I was always afraid that little thin wire leading to the pickup was going to get broken somehow. Plus the stick-on pickups are kind of ugly.

So now it's inside the guitar, where it's both invisible and out of harm's way... I hope!

That's the good news.

The bad news- I had high hopes for this new D'Addario "circuit breaker" switchable guitar 1/4 inch jack...

http://www.daddario.com/pwProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=4115&productid=27&productname=Circuit_Breaker&sid=a9e1633b-a131-4804-9fe9-5b3c6e176667

...but it didn't mute my guitar worth a hoot! Plus, it made a lot of loud popping noises, just what you don't want!

I'm going to take it back to the music store tomorrow and hope to find another unit which will work.

I just noticed on their website that there are two types, a "momentary" kill switch and a "latched" kill switch... I'm hoping I accidentally got the former and can exchange it for the latter...

I've been using a foot pedal to kill the volume on my guitar whenever I double on banjo, and I'm hoping this new circuit breaker cord will eliminate that bit of extra crap to carry around.

Will

PS Just curious: has anybody tried one of these new Henriksen "Bud" amps yet? They look very interesting!

https://henriksenamplifiers.com/the-bud-amp/
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
richter4208Buco

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Did a bit of research and found that both D'Addario and Taylor make a guitar cable with a built-in volume knob, and guess what?

Both of their cables get heavily negative reviews online--- unreliable, short-lived, screw up guitar's tone, etc. etc.

So I'm just wondering... has anybody out there found a good one yet?
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    I've got the air and contact mic installed internally and I think it's got a great natural sound. I feel like I do need a volume pedal for a bit of a boost when going from rhythm to soloing though. If you find something, do let me know.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,730
    So I'm just wondering... has anybody out there found a good one yet?

I think nothing beats a good A/B switch pedal like this one. (If simple on/off is what you want)
    tm4gx9haaab5.jpg
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • MattHenryMattHenry Washington, DC✭✭✭✭
    Glad you like the new setup. I have the ugly external jack and I get nervous with the expensive proprietary XLR cable I have to use out of it.
  • mikegnikmikegnik Southern NJ, Philly✭✭ Bumgarner #47, 50’s Castelluccia round hole
    I use a Redeye preamp for a volume boost for solos and stage DI. Works great. The twin model also allows dual inputs for two pickups or to switch between instruments.
    juanderer