DjangoBooks.com

Jamming at Le Quecumbar, London, UK

2»

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Wim Glenn - love your Thumper quote.
    always learning
  • JojoJojo London UK
    Thanks guys. Yes, I've heard (now) about the jam in Pinner and it seems to be at a fairly high level, The March Manouche weekend seems a good way to get into it and make contacts. Daj Dook are playing in Camden soon so it'll be good to make contact with those guys. The lack of a scene in London explain why Hobgoblin seems to be the only place in London to buy gypsy jazz guitars (there might be somewhere further out west but it's the only one in the centre). I'm still umming and awwing about going down to Le Quecumbar.... Tim does a fairly chic cocktail bar in Islington on a Sunday sometimes, so if I can work out how to make a cocktail last an hour it'll be worth investigating :)
  • JojoJojo London UK
    Btw, the problem with me looking on FB was that I was searching London Gypsy Jazz as opposed to UK Gypsy Jazz....
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Definitely get to March Manouche and IGGF in Gossington they're two great and friendly places to meet like minded people. I think the Ivor Mairants shop in London also does gypsy guitars. Btw I'm selling some gypsy guitars at - what I think - are reasonable prices. If you google "mainly gypsy guitars" you'll find the link.
    always learning
    Sadly I missed that particular jam. Nobody loves me boo hoo.
    always learning