DjangoBooks.com

Where to buy single strings / medium?

wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
edited December 2016 in Welcome Posts: 1,454
I'm usually ordering sets of Dean Markley acoustic strings from stringsandbeyond, only to use the high E and B. I use djangobook's Argentine 1510MF for the GDAE. I just throw out the 4 lower strings from the Dean Markley sets, it feels a bit wasteful though. Does anyone know somewhere to buy single strings, like Michael offers for the Argentines? They don't have to be Dean Markley's in particular, just any plain old acoustic steel string will be fine for the E and B, as long as available in a gauge like 0.013/0.017 or even 0.012/0.016 will probably do.
Tagged:

Comments

• edited December 2016 Posts: 4,730
    I once asked LaBella for single strings and they sent it to Michael who then sold it to me.
    They make large variety of sets, you're bound to find the gauge you need.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    juststrings.com

Here is a link to the John Pearse Acoustic Guitar Plain Steel Single Strings
    from .09 to .026 for about a dollar each.

http://www.juststrings.com/plainsteeljohnpearseguitarsinglestrings.html
    wim
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    You can buy single strings from various brands on Amazon...
  • TubaphoneTubaphone Kansas Mateos Django
    edited December 2016 Posts: 29
    stewmac sells single GHS strings, .009-.016 for $0.56 a piece, or $0.50 for 6 or more.

I tend to impulse buy other tools and trinkets when I buy from them though... caveat emptor.

juststring also does their own singles in bulk (12+) for about $0.30 per. They do loop end too if that's your thing.