DjangoBooks.com

Doctor Who

NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
edited October 2016 in History Posts: 462
Your resources.....

One Tardis, one case of Ardbeg single malt, one bag of finest weed, one fully charged Mac and two good mics, one charming, beautiful and persuasive multi lingual time travelling companion and one porridge pot magically filled with historically accurate and legal tender.

Your quest....

Gather Django and one by one other giants, then by hook or by crook record some duets and share them here.

Here is my list (and I SHALL attempt brevity for once).

Django and Sydney Bechet.
Django and Grigoras Dinicu,
and OH! ,what the hell, Django and Lemmy too !!!!

I think we know Lango Django's list............but what's yours ??????????????

D.

Comments

I'd use Tardis to bring Django to today and have him record a couple of tunes using the good mics.
    I like listening to his grainy records despite the shortcomings but I'm not a huge fan of the recording itself (which I know a lot of people are)

Maybe, had Jimmy lived, and got more into jazz like he supposedly wanted to, them two could be a good match. Both boundaries pushing.
    But then I'm not sure if Django would ever want to do a duet with another guitar player?
    I think he'd be a good fit for Bill Evans though.

Welcome back Dave.
    I know you've posted recently but is more like Dave we remember. Though this time around way less controversial.
    ;)

Oh yeah, as much as I love Lemmy I'm afraid our beloved Django would be like "thumbs down".
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    YoYo Ma...

You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    edited October 2016 Posts: 462
    @Bob Holo 'YoYo' ? I don't know where he is at just now with regards to Improvising and songwriting but I am not sure I would consign him to history quite yet.
    @Buco I think Lemmy on acoustic spitting out Beatles songs and a sultry night time Ace of Spades while Django powered through the weed might just lead to something interesting. And as far as controversy goes I reckon Lemmy would be far less likely to earn a slap from our moustachioed hero than Jimmy who once lost is to my ear very frustrating.

One more rule, no bringing them to the present !

I for one don't fancy having to set up the Youtube account AngryDjango and be instructed to type 'Merde' all day, nor do I want to have to explain Justin Bieber.
  • husyhusy Seattle✭✭✭
    Paganini (extract him after he signs the famous pact of course)