DjangoBooks.com

Rocky Gresset Selmer 607 “Love Me Tender”

adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
in Repertoire Posts: 542
Hi everybody,

The Selmer 607 folks posted a new video of Rocky Gresset improvising over “Love Me Tender” — and I liked it so much I just had to transcribe it. Here's the whole thing (synced with video so you can hear/see it):

https://www.soundslice.com/licks/178/

Adrian
MichaelHorowitzBillDaCostaWilliamstobolekpickitjohn

Comments

• NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    Terrific work Adrian. Love me some Western Swing !

And, if you don't mind, let me offer my belated congratulations on the Youtube Vid you did with Christiaan and Brad.

I thought it had great playing all around. It was not only refreshingly and unashamedly nerdy but also pacy and enjoyable. I particularly liked how you broke down and demonstrated your own approach to soling which, I am sure everyone who watched will agree, was effective, consistently musical and almost entirely lacking in self indulgence.

D.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited October 2016 Posts: 1,454
    Very good. That only just came out.. you're fast at transcribing!

Does Soundslice have a feature for annotating the picking i.e. up/downstroke pattern on a sequence? It could be useful for those phrases where it runs against instinct e.g. in Made in France, Rythme Futur... and a lot of Adrien Moignard's stuff..