DjangoBooks.com

Help me prank my friend - Gypsy Jazz Style!

Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Repertoire Posts: 459
My friend is not a jazz guitarist per se, but I've gotten him interested in Gypsy Jazz. He wrote a tune called "A very sad song" (it's ironic). We joked that it sounds like a standard, or would have been if it was made back in the day. Why not make him believe he ripped it off? Therefore, it would be awesome if someone could record a simple recording or video of them playing this tune to a playalong or something. The more people who do this the better it will work. :) Of course it would humble him deeply also, as a bonus. It has to be someone he doesn't know. ;)

Take some creative liberties.

Buco

Comments

• kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    What should people say the name is?
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    How about "Blue stockings"?
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    Haha sure, Blue Stockings. It doesn't really matter.
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O
    What should people say the name is?

Yo - Show Gone - saw - low
    BucoBob HoloSvanis1337
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    Come on guys :) It'll be fun.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    I dunno, that sounds kinda mean to me.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited August 2016 Posts: 3,319
    I remember hearing a story about a famous composer (Horace Silver or someone I can't remember???) who woke up in the middle of the night with a melody in his head and so as not to forget it got up and wrote it out. When he got up in the morning and played it he realized it was Stella by Starlight :-)
    BucoBillDaCostaWilliams