DjangoBooks.com

That band with that name...

Hi everyone...I figured I'd share a link of some of the stuff that I've been involved with for the past couple of years with the band Manouche Bag. Some of you may not like the name of the band, but I hope that you enjoy this link to some of the music we've recorded this past year.

https://play.spotify.com/album/46IAsLWAO2GLjftAo07xRX

Thanks!
Jim

Comments

• And iTunes, if you felt like owning a little Manouche Bag. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/manouche-bag/id1131227757
    Enjoy.
    Damn Jim this is top shelf stuff!!
    Only, with that name you're not poised to take the world by storm 'm'fraid.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Thanks. While it was fun to sit in the studio and record the bed rhythm tracks, I think the real fun was adding the weird stuff in the other sessions.

The name...well...eight years of playing together hasn't deterred the band from working very regularly. It is a can of worms and we take as much crap for it as we get approval. I don't think we are looking to take the world by storm, because there are plenty of other folks who are doing that in this style. We're mixing French pop with a bed of jazz manouche into a proverbial bag with a sense of humor and this is what we've come out with. No disrespect to anyone else, but if we would have called ourselves the Hot Club of Jersey City, it wouldn't make that much of a difference.
    I think the name is good fun. Just not very marketable.
    I listened to it more this morning. Great playing, great arrangements, great voice, great songwriting (I assume these are originals), recorded great. This last thing I was especially impressed with, everything is done so well: the recording, the mix, the mastering. It's just like I said and worth repeating, top shelf.
    Jim Kaznosky
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel