DjangoBooks.com

5 Solos before Django in June challenge - Solo #4: Django Reinhardt's I'll See you in My Dream

anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 561
Hi friends,

Here it is, solo #4. This time I went with the gold standard for beautiful gypsy Jazz solos by learning the original Django solo over I'll see you in my dreams. I know everyone'e learned this solo, but I've always wanted to learn it and I decided to use this as the opportunity. By the way, joining me for this video was my good friend and band mate, Le Mick mick, Michael Faucheur.

So without further ado -

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Nice A, thanks!

BTW, does anyone have a link to a vid of a '2 finger' version of Django's transcription? I'm curious how he would have done this with 2 fingers.

Thanks
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    :):)>- ;-)
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,723
    Nice tremolos Anthony! Great stuff, it's impressive the amount of work you put in such short time.

@Bones i tried to do it Django way, still a work in progress. I'll send you a link, I don't wanna clutter the space.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    here's a 2 fingers version

T1mothy
  • I'm sure @rob.cuellari could help, as he has been transcribing a number of solos with two fingers.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Awesome thanks guys!
  • Rob has a group on facebook called Transcribe Django solos together. There is a nice excel online file linking to a number of transcriptions performed by the community.
    BucoChicago
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Wow, cool thanks Jim!