DjangoBooks.com

Jazz Waltzes

2»

Comments

• BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    Ando wrote:
    I wonder, in this age of digital audio, if anyone has ever given serious thought to forging "The Lost Valses of Django Reinhardt." It might make a good crime novel (CD included!), if nothing else.

Cheers,
    Ando

Hi Ando, sounds like a job for Ted Gottsegen :wink:
  • AndoAndo South Bend, INModerator Gallato RS-39 Modèle Noir
    Jack, I must be getting old. I don't remember where I've heard it, and you should see the chaos that is my "music area" in the study. LOL Right now, I file the entire thing under "aphasia" That file is getting bigger by the day... :-)

I really like the idea of films and books related to gypsy-jazz. Tony Gatlif has made some splendid films, and the books get better all the time. But these are topics for another thread -- a film thread, perhaps.

* paging Archtop Eddy *

:-)

Cheers,
    Ando
  • mmaslanmmaslan Santa Barbara, CANew
    Does anybody know this book?

http://clubdjango.com/valsesmanouche.htm
  • Tony SanoTony Sano New
    mmaslan wrote:

Just what I've been looking for!
    Thank you.
    TS
  • mmaslanmmaslan Santa Barbara, CANew
    Actually, I was just wondering whether anybody could recommend it. Let me know what you think.

MM
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    Tony Sano wrote:
    mmaslan wrote:

Just what I've been looking for!
    Thank you.
    TS

Is there a kind soul out there who could scan Valse de Wasso and upload it on one of the gypsy download sites
    i've worked it out by ear and want to see if i'm right! :-)
    I'm a bit broke at the moment and can't afford the book!
    Stu
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    As far as I know "Chez Jacquet" has been recorded for the first time in 1939 under the title "Gin-Gin" by "Le Trio Ferret". This was Pierre "Baro" Ferret (g), Jean "Matelo" Ferret (g), Challun Ferret (g) and Maurice Speilleux (b). The recording session took place in Paris on 02/03/1939.

Best regards

Barengero
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Barengero wrote:
    As far as I know "Chez Jacquet" has been recorded for the first time in 1939 under the title "Gin-Gin" by "Le Trio Ferret". This was Pierre "Baro" Ferret (g), Jean "Matelo" Ferret (g), Challun Ferret (g) and Maurice Speilleux (b). The recording session took place in Paris on 02/03/1939.

Best regards

Barengero

Is this the same session on the 'Hittin' on All Six' anthology, credited to Le Trio Ferret? If so, it's a great take-can anyone give me an idea where to find other tracks from the same session?

Best,
    Jack.
  • joefjoef Wales, U.K.New
    Three tracks from that session are on the CD "Jazz Gitan 1939/1943" , number 144 in the EPM "Jazz Archives" series. The other two tracks are Ma Theo, and La Valse Des Niglos. The rest of the CD is not waltzes, but swing tracks by the bands of Sarane Ferret, Andre Ekyan, and Jean Ferret .

regards
    Joe