DjangoBooks.com

Please - take my album

Seriously, great album, "Menagerie" and no one has bought it - so I'm giving it away. It has tracks from Joscho Stephan, Olli Soikkelli, Bjorn Thoroddsen, Kailin Yong, Laura Iyengar - I even brought in a university choir to record Mozart's Lacrymosa.

Just send an email to [email protected] and I will send you a zip. I won't add you to any email lists or anything (unless you ask to be added), I'm on here all the time so no worry about secret viruses or malware or anything, just want people to hear the album.

Comments

• kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    Let's see if this works - maybe I can just post the dropbox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9fmcdwkepz8o9ok/AACokbSBBDgALd9i8bAtKIBBa?dl=0
    I listened to it through Spotify a couple of times. I'm kinda squeezed for time for a meaningful review but it's well recorded, well arranged, fresh sounding for the acoustic music genre.
    I'm curious how did you clear the rights for the hallelujah, blackbird and no woman?
    Are the rest your compositions?
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    Yes - just a simple Harry Fox license and I bought a few hundred in advance. I know there are better more efficient ways to do that, but it is done either way.
    Buco
    edited February 2016 Posts: 421
    I got the rights to all of them or they are original/public domain - kind of with the exception of River Waltz - which is actually a cue from one of my favorite films "Painted Veil" and so it isn't available through Harry Fox. I contacted the publisher and when they found out how few copies I was looking at they didn't want to bother with it. I actually left out a couple of the tracks on the dropbox link which were written by friends but I didn't really feel were reflective of the album in a positive way :0) oh well.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    found it and bought it! Gotta encourage artists!
    Daveyc
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited February 2016 Posts: 3,319
    Thanks Kung! I'll give it a listen! Not sure how to market music but maybe someone on the forum can give you some tips.
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    I would suggest you give away lower bit rate mp3 files instead of wave files. Faster download, and then if people like, they can buy the lossless format flac files (or the physical CD).
    BucoBillDaCostaWilliams
    I think it is pretty difficult to promote an album when there is no performing group attached to it. It is impossible to have a touring group with these songs - it was a producers album instead of a players album where I just wanted to record these songs, so I really can't complain that it didn't sell.
  • I agree with Andrew. This follows the bandcamp model and I've used this for rock bands.