DjangoBooks.com

D500 volume

2»

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    Does not sound like a Gallato but could be. Hard to say. If I had to guess I would think it was the Pigalle. Looks like he is at some sort of Djangofest. Some of the guys jamming with him I have jammed with at other GJ festivals. If it is in the states then the Pigalle is the best bet as that would seem to me to be the best travel guitar.

J
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Well if it's a Pigalle (and I think so) it gives me so much to think about! In his hands it sounds like a 5.000 $ instrument!
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    It does sound good but I would argue that is sounds like a $5000 guitar. Listen to some recordings of him playing other higher end guitars and you will hear the difference. Even live shitty recordings.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    It certainly sounds better than some 5000$ guitars I've heard in the hands of some mediocre players... :D
    Usually Debarre prefers a more "cutting " sound (like with the Anastasio D hole he's been using in so many records even when not declared...), the Pigalle certainly doesn't sound that crisp but frankly I don't think the final result is less enjoyable...
  • valdaevaldae new orleansNew
    I agree with Josh, you should see and hear Debarre on the Bereli [sp] Vienne DVD. He's using his Dell Arte signature guitar (I forget the name of the segment, but he's wearing a white jacket if that helps). The sound is THUNDEROUS, to put it mildly! There are entry level GJs, and then there are the "grails"!
    "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled." - Plutarch
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    valdae wrote:
    I agree with Josh, you should see and hear Debarre on the Bereli [sp] Vienne DVD. He's using his Dell Arte signature guitar (I forget the name of the segment, but he's wearing a white jacket if that helps). The sound is THUNDEROUS, to put it mildly! There are entry level GJs, and then there are the "grails"!

You're wrong. I can assure you it's the white jacket who makes all the difference... :)

P.S.
    I should "what"? The darn DVD is practically glued to my DVD player!