DjangoBooks.com

Django's divine acceleration

gatsbygatsby United States✭✭✭✭
in Welcome Posts: 119
Please note the absolutely gorgeous and divine acceleration at 1'05 when Django takes over Stéphane.
This a minor blues from 1947, simply named Blues. Pure genius.

altonTeddy Dupont

Comments

• NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    Great track, thanks. I don't hear any acceleration though. I hear the feel change directly and smoothly to double time.
  • gatsbygatsby United States✭✭✭✭
    You're right, that's what I meant, they double the tempo, which sounds great!
  • terrassierterrassier France
    yep its great , I think they are underated. ;)
  • altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    @gatsby I hear what you mean - if you turn off the analytic part of your brain and simply picture Stephane and Django driving in a car, they "accelerate" when they switch gears into Django's solo - and a car doesn't just double speed instantly from 30mph to 60mph - it accelerates.

True, they simply double time it, but you can let your mind paint a picture with it. Sometimes it's difficult to not hear things as a musician and just let go.
    AmundLauritzen