DjangoBooks.com

Oval or D Hole?

Comments

• woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
    There laminates are the pretty wood on the outside, poplar in the middle and mahogany on the inner surface. The inside surface of the guitar is lacqured ala Selmer.
    Boy will I not comment on the shape of the hole.
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    If you have decided on the walnut neck, you should probably stay in the tradition and go with Rosewood back and sides. If you want a flashy look, go with Brazilian RW for the outer laminate. Maple back and sides should have a maple neck to look right. And that will sound a bit different.
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • T1mothyT1mothy ✭✭ Furch petite bouche
    regarding the neck wood combination with maple B/S, I quite dig the look of the guitar Mathieu Chatelain plays here -
    ianmed67
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    @T1mothy That's Seb Giniaux's Marin... I have one just like that
  • T1mothyT1mothy ✭✭ Furch petite bouche
    @BluesBop Harry Aww man, Id love to hear those things in person one day!
    Maybe I am still being a bit hasty - am I correct in thinking the Favino option would give me a bit more of the lower end and full chords that I am attracted to without going all the way to a D Hole?
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    T1mothy wrote: »
    @BluesBop Harry Aww man, Id love to hear those things in person one day!
    You can try mine when we cross paths

Unbelieveable! I finally made a decison, I am getting a Favino oval hole. Thanks again to everyone that chimed in. Of course I will toss a picture up here once I get it (end of January :(( )how will I ever wait that long?
  • Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
    Hey Jazzaferi who was the "small unknown builder" of the flattop? Just curious.
  • Are you buying an actual Favino?
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed