DjangoBooks.com

Another great year at Django in June 2015

13»

Comments

• edited July 2015 Posts: 4,741
    My main takeaway this time was to think in terms of a chord when coming up with solo lines, instead of scale approach. Which ties nicely with my main takeaway from last time which was to learn the inversions. When I eventually get this some day it'll be a grand day.
    Rhythm classes were a nice surprise this year. Less stress on pompe and more attention on chord variations, rhythm solos and such. Pompe is obviously very important but as Rino put it, you should listen and practice it and try to sound like whomever you're listening to. He also says you can't explain it which I don't agree with but...you don't argue with Rino.

One of these years we should do a collective Djangobooks people meet up.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Wish I had something to add about D I J but I haven't had the experience yet.

This video from Patrus certainly was a pleasure to see...

Joscho Stephan w/ Adrian patrus53.com / Django in June 2015

Thanks to the Gent that bought the amazing Di Mauro

Buco
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 4,741
    While we're mentioning Patrus, I told myself I'll be more diligent taking pictures this time around but this was the only one I took, I wanted to remember this delicious bottle from wine tasting.

PS I'll fix the pic orientation when I get to the laptop
    edit: when you click to open it, the orientation is fine...man cell cameras are weird.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel