DjangoBooks.com

Just finished a new song with my Dupont Nomade

jwpfeiferjwpfeifer Phoenix, Arizona✭✭ Dupont Nomade
in Welcome Posts: 21
I bought a Dupont Nomade about 6 months ago after being a Gypsy Jazz fan for some time now. I wanted a guitar that I could use for learning more about this style, and also use for my own song writing projects.

Ever since I bought this guitar I've had the itch to record with it, and write something in the Gypy Jazz vein but didn't quite have the chops in this style to make it work. ... so I've been steadily practicing my La Pompe rhythm, tremolo strumming, and Gypsy picking and decided that I should go ahead and write something and see how it turns out.

I was a little apprehensive about sharing the song on this site since there are so many great players on this forum.

This song is meant as a soundscape for comedy scene. Here is a link to the song, called "Ollie & Stanley".
I was going for a more traditional Django-inspired sound and used acoustic bass, and vibes along with the guitar parts.

Here is a link to the song:
http://www.broadjam.com/player/player.php?play_file=99659_664800

Thanks, -Jim

Comments