DjangoBooks.com

peche a la mouche pick up review

13»

Comments

• bluetrainbluetrain Finland✭✭✭ Cach, Epiphone Triumph, Gibson ES-300
    I have myself a Dupont Stimer and I've compared it to Peche A La Mouche & Guzz II and Dearmond Guitar Mike (from the 50s). I didn't understand how sensitive Guzz was to position and I ended up having almost quiet B-string so I can't really say anything about it. I noticed though that the output was dramatically lower than the Dupont Stimer. This can be an issue if you need to raise the gain of your amp almost to maximum and thus increasing the noise and hum levels at the same time. Peche seemed to have a really good string balance compared to Dupont Stimer and similar output level but to my ears the sound was thinner. Peche has more high frequencies in the output which can be good thing for rhythm sound. Dupont Stimer is not that well balanced what comes to the wound strings vs unwound strings but I think it's part of the Stimer sound and it has a bit rounder sound compared to Peche. Now what comes to Dearmond Guitar Mike.. that's a different pickup totally in this league i think. Really good string balance and warm and round sound with good output level. The attachment system is not easy though compared to Peche and Dupont Stimer and it won't fit to some of the guitars. The Yves Gues though seems really interesting alternative also.. have to check that out!
    BucoMehran s
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    I’ve come late to this discussion, no doubt, but it’s addressing my questions except for one. Does anyone use the Peche on a DuPont MDC50? I’m just wondering if there’s a lot of futzing around to mount it and get it to stay in place. It needs o be mounted at the bottom of the D hole, and there’s a brace pretty near with not much clearance for the clips. Since it uses screws to attach the clips, I would think it’s possible to use others clips or custom make some for this application.

Anybody have some experience with this setup?