DjangoBooks.com

Nuages Big Band Chart

My final exam in arranging. Got to hear it played by a good big band once.
The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
BluesBop HarryNonebbwood_98OlivierDubois

Comments

• edited May 2015 Posts: 3,707
    Rofl @Stuart.

I tried it via Sibelius sounds/ windows media but it is way too cheesy sounding. This fall I think I will have time to play in a big band again and if so will get it played by rhea rated and recorded
    bbwood_98
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Funny, I was working on some arrangments like this too - someday I'll go back to that task, and make a little ep with tunes in fun instrumentation! Good job Jazzaferri!
    Jazzaferri
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Nice! Do you by any chance have it in parts, and would you be willing to share?
    Jazzaferri
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Yes All the parts are available

I am happy to share it so long as I get credit for the arrangement. It was a school project from a few years ago.
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    I may have a big band here that would rehearse and run it down for a recording if you would like.
    Buco
  • Email me and I will email you the charts
    bopster wrote: »
    I may have a big band here that would rehearse and run it down for a recording if you would like.

YEAH! Please make it happen guys.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 3,707
    My email is in my profile. There's a nice stretch for, a keys solo that would work just as well if not better for guitar. Chords are on both keys and guitar parts. Band That originally played it had no guitar
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Jazzaferri wrote: »
    My email is in my profile. There's a nice stretch for, a keys solo that would work just as well if not better for guitar. Chords are on both keys and guitar parts. Band That originally played it had no guitar

Jay, which would you prefer - keys or guitar solo?
  • Well, truthfully, a guitar Solo as its more in the spirit of Django.