DjangoBooks.com

10th fret inlay mark

Comments

• MattHenryMattHenry Washington, DC✭✭✭✭
    For me part of becoming a GJ player is embracing the 10th dot. I don't like it when folks try to change the 10th dot and when folks complain about it it's like they're telling me they're not GJ players and I mostly just feel bad for them.

I wish Olivier Marin would put 10th fret dots on his archtops as standard since they're the archtop of choice for European gypsy jazz players.
    wim
  • mandocatmandocat Santa Rosa, CA✭✭✭ AJL XO, Eastman 905CE, PRS SE
    My wife will be pleased to hear that because the previous owner of my Shopis had Rodrigo move the dot to the 9th fret it has reduced my ability to impress "hot chicks" (as well as the resale value apparently). I got used to the 10th on my ALD. It was a slight annoyance to go back to 9th but no big deal.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Wim Glenn wrote: »
    I hear that hot chicks generally prefer dating guys with the 10th fret dot. Sorry 9'ers!

Please don't tell my wife! She thinks I switched to 10th fret markers for entirely musical and aesthetic reasons.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • As I swap daily between guitars with both......a plague on both houses I say.....get rid of them entirely
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    Why stop with dots, Jazzaferri? I'm going to be like Jaco and pull all the frets out! The "chicks" will be really impressed!
    My dot is bigger than yours!
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ROFL....fret less guitar......now that would be a challenge

My Dunn Ultrafox has no fret markers and the side dots are thinly rounds of coper tubing ....easy to ignore
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Buco wrote: »
    My dot is bigger than yours!

Hey! It's not the size but how you use it that counts!

• ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    @Jazzaferri

Check out Cenk Erdogan. He uses a fretless classical guitar which I think sounds great.
    Cenk is amazing. I was thinking of Jaco Pastorius, who got a knife and took out all the frets on his Fender Jazz bass after his acoustic bass imploded from Florida humidity. Didn't change the dots though. Hmmm, maybe 9'ers become addicts who die young?