DjangoBooks.com

Bireli DVD--WOW

JAMFJAMF ChicagoNew
edited June 2005 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 32
It's titled "Live Jazz A Vienne."

This DVD delivers more than 2 hours of footage--a modern concert, behind-the-scenes at home and studio, and a concert when Bireli was in his early teens--all for under $17.

It's fantastic to see so many sides of this artist on one disc. Anyone else diggin it?

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely. Enough cannot be said about this disc, not only for pure enjoyment, but also as a hell of a way to look at the difference in technique among a clutch of the best players. A bargain at twice at the price-all told, it runs just under four hours, and you get not only Bireli, but Dorado, Angelo, Stochelo, Tchavalo, Hono, Samson, Serge...and you get to see David playing Nuages. A must-have.

Best,
    Jack.
  • musicofanaticmusicofanatic Swingville✭✭✭
    I just got this...DAAAYAAAMMMMM!!!!!! I got as far as the first 4-5 tunes, and I had to turn it off to let my respiratory and pulminary systems stabilize (and change my drawers)!! Hope I recover soon to see the rest!
    chomp, chomp, chomp, chomp...
  • RKatzRKatz London✭✭✭✭
    Bireli really shows us his genius on this DVD, he is the Charlie Parker of gypsy jazz. Great.
  • RKatzRKatz London✭✭✭✭
    Bireli really shows us his genius on this DVD, he is the Charlie Parker of gypsy jazz. Great.
    just got it this week as well, and wow, Bireli's improvisational genius is astounding indeed!~
  • chapchap ✭✭✭
    It is cool for me to see how differently Bireli plays the same tunes on the Gipsy Project Cd. If I could only be that rut-less. Just to be able to do those things and have so little of it be Lick-based, you know? He is not just putting together blocks of muscle memory stuff. Really is thinking that fast. Just blows me away.

How is Bireli amplifying that guitar? What does that cord go to? And are this microphones just for recording or are they live in the room?

Man that Dorado is so musical. I love his playing. Also totally impressed by the strength and power of Tchavolo.

Best cash I have spent in a long time!