DjangoBooks.com

1950's Dimauro Boogie Woogie

Comments

Another incredible deal, Nick! You have some fine taste in gear. Good Luck with the sale. That DiMauro sounds marvelous!
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    I recently sold a nice one of those for half that price !
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    @ Chris Martin : if you choose to sell your instruments, car or whatever at a price way below the actual value, this has no bearing on anyone else or the actual value of their possessions. What exactly are you trying to accomplish besides making it more difficult for me to sell a guitar for the relative market value? Did I personally do something to bother you? Seems like a petty maneuver for no reason except to put someone else down, congratulations.
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Well that was listed on eBay more than once, and the market decides. Sure I would have liked more, but the buyers fix the price, yet still I made a profit even then. I am aware that there is a well known dealer in your country who always advertises for the highest price, but at the same time I have seen Michael list many of these on here for less than you are asking which being in the USA with a reputable dealer seems to suit the American market. If I was in Europe, I would check out Guitar Village in Paris who regularly sell Di Mauro Boogie Woogie guitars at between 800 and 1,000 Euros. Either way I am just pointing out to potential buyers there is a fair choice. It is good of Michael to allow us to use this forum, and even to advertise guitars for sale for which he not only gets no commission, but may even cost him a sale, so lets not abuse that by getting too greedy.
    excuse me? Abuse Michael and being greedy, huh? As I just put 350 Euros into new frets and the last Boogie woogie that Michael had here was around 2200, I think I am well within the range of a fair price. Ebay is a bidding system and YOU choose how much to post it for, so that is yours choice. I'm so glad for you that you see yourself as this shining light saving the public from "Unfair" choices. Get over yourself man and please leave my posts alone and keep your judgmental attitude to yourself. I certainly don't know you and you don't know me so if your opinion of my price different from others (see TPC 168) don't use it as an excuse to make comments on my character; which is pretty poor form.
    edited April 2015 Posts: 274
    Can we please keep this thread open for people who are interested in buying this guitar instead of those who aren't? Thanks
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    For the record I've sold the Boogie Woogies for anywhere from $1K to $3.5K depending on condition and other variables. So what Nick is asking for this guitar is reasonable and Chris is correct in pointing out that sometimes this model can be found for less, but likely in less than ideal condition.
    Ok, sorry, judging by his reaction I seem to have upset nicksansone. I was only wondering why he says he is not a dealer but asks dealer prices(although those photos look very like the same location that Palm Guitars use, but maybe that is just where you bought it?). For those established dealers who have time and money invested I understand the prices reflect that, but at least the buyer knows he has some security and recourse if all is not what it seems. For this reason alone, I expect private sales to be priced significantly lower, but maybe that is just my view. That looks like a very nice guitar and given most would haggle with the initial asking price I suspect you may accept around $2k and with shipping being a lot more reasonable for those in neighbouring European countries it starts to look a bit better. My comment was just to say that throwing it out there on the open market to see how much people will bid is also a fair valuation. Anyone who knows me would laugh at the idea that I am in any way a 'shining light' out to save the public, and sorry if you read any of my remarks as 'judgmental' or as 'comments on your character'; that was not my intention. I have other Di Mauros and would be pleased to hear they are worth what you think, so good luck with the sale.
    I've had the opportunity to play a stellar Boogie Woogie from around the same era and it was super dry and tremendously responsive. They are also incredibly fun to play not only only rhythm, but singing lead lines. Remi Oswald plays one often. Nick's Boogie Woogie is in remarkable shape.

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    edited April 2015 Posts: 763
    This always blows my mind off:
    BluesBop Harry