DjangoBooks.com

Out of Print?

191011121315»

Comments

• sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Thanks for the tip. I've taken "Guitare Party" down.

Don't see "La Gitane" for sale domestically...Michael, will you be getting it from Iris, or do I need to order from Europe?

thanks...
  • emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    I wanna tell thanks to the guy who posted that old Hansche Weiss and Titi winterstein stuff, it's marvellous...
    Thanks again
    Just got an email from Stephane Wrembel complaining about a live in Montreal recording that was posted here. (Not sure who uploaded it but I don't think I ever noticed the files honestly.)

Of course I have removed it, but it's making me wonder if I should just take this whole thing down. What do others think?

John
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Interesting! Stephane has always been very encouraging when I've asked him if I could record his shows (if I remember correctly, it was actually me who uploaded that show-sorry, Stephane). Perhaps he's planning to release those recordings, or didn't want some of his older recordings out there-if you don't mind saying, did he mention what his exact objection was?

In the meantime, maybe you can show him your good intent by emailing him about the mp3 blog site mentioned in another thread, where they have one of his commercially released albums available for download. I'm sure he'd be interested to hear about it; if you'd rather not let me know and I'll be glad to tell him...

Regarding the site in general, I do still think it's a viable thing, as long as we all abide by the guidelines established earlier. This instance was definitely a misunderstanding on my part; I was under the impression that Stephane was okay with it. Now that we know otherwise, I'm glad you removed the recordings.

Best,
    Jack.
    Hey John,

My conscience got the best of me, and I've already mailed Stephane with my apologies, etc., and let him know about the other site...I hope he does write the host...

Best,
    Jack.
  • emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    sockeye wrote:
    Just got an email from Stephane Wrembel complaining about a live in Montreal recording that was posted here. (Not sure who uploaded it but I don't think I ever noticed the files honestly.)

Of course I have removed it, but it's making me wonder if I should just take this whole thing down. What do others think?

John
    I think this: we are a little group of persons taking a look at this post so I think we already have all the stuff inside. So is not a problem to take down all the stuff also if I prefer to leave all there for the others. Anyway, you can also take all down and restart from the beginning with this rule: all the people must to POST here all he want to upload BEFORE doing it, so we can discuss about it and see more details right? Only to avoid problems like this happened with Stephane.
    Jack wrote:
    did he mention what his exact objection was?

He said he is planning to release that concert on CD soon.

I was going to tell him about the other site, which is doign something I totally disapprove of, but he might not see the distinction the way I do. I'm probably not the best messenger -- but thanks for letting him know about it.

John

P.S. I've taken everything down except the "unknown samois" stuff. I'll think about what to do about the rest of it...let me know your thoughts, all.
    sockeye wrote:
    Jack wrote:
    did he mention what his exact objection was?

He said he is planning to release that concert on CD soon.

I was going to tell him about the other site, which is doign something I totally disapprove of, but he might not see the distinction the way I do. I'm probably not the best messenger -- but thanks for letting him know about it.

It's odd...after I sent the email I checked the blog site and noticed a comment from Stephane. I figured it would be disapproving, but he didn't make any mention of the whole download issue.

I suppose you know my thoughts on your site by now so I won't go over it all again. I think having someone as conscientious as you holding the reins is a good thing, but if it gets to be too much of a pain for you I'd certainly understand your wanting to just eighty-six it.

All best,
    Jack.