DjangoBooks.com

2004 Dell Arte Hommage Gypsy Jazz Guitar w/Bigtone and HSC

2»

Comments

• guit-boxguit-box ✭✭
    jazzgtr, no I think that's a different guitar, but I'm not sure, I have owned several gypsy guitars. Maybe you should delete this, I don't want to confuse people interested in this guitar. There are plenty of samples of the guitar on the video I posted and they are recorded with a studio microphone, this is just a crappy cell phone video and likely a different guitar.
  • jazzygtrjazzygtr Stillwater, MN✭✭ Gibson J-35
    Sorry, have been trying to edit and/or delete, but can't seem to do that. Sorry, didn't mean to cause any confusion. But I think your post above should help clarify for those reading or following. Thanks and sorry about that. I only posted since it seemed like the same guitar, and that there were a few parts of the video where the guitar really range out clear regardless of the quality of recording.
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    As a new GJ player, I am very interested in the different styles and makes of guitars - for instance, the difference in sound between Selmer type vs Favino, D-Hole vs Petite Bouche, different bracing, etc. Are you selling this because it's not the sound you're looking for, or do you just have too many?

If I were a little further along in learning gypsy jazz, I would consider spending the bucks, but I'm not ready to commit that much cash just yet. Tempted, yes...

But the worst part is that here in Ohio, there are no places to test drive gypsy guitars - even the big guitar stores have to special order anything, not even the cheapies are stocked for a demo.
  • BarkonatorBarkonator Medina, OH✭✭ Mazaud - Vieux Paris
    @Andrew Ulle

Woodsy's Music in Kent sometimes has Gitanes in stock. I was in there a few weeks ago they did not have any, but if you are ever in the neighborhood it might be worth stopping by. They are about the best place in the area if you are looking to buy an acoustic instrument.

• jparlantijparlanti Minneapolis, MN Altamira M01
    Completely jealous over here in NE Minneapolis! How I'd love that guitar, but cannot afford it :( Good luck with the sale.

Josh
    Mississippi Hot Club
  • guit-boxguit-box ✭✭
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Dell-Arte-Hommage-Handmade-Gypsy-Guitar-with-Bigtone-Pickup-and-HSC-/201183019646?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2ed771427e

The guitar is on eBay and the auction ends tomorrow. Check it out if interested.

(to answer the person asking about the sound of various GJ guitars, there's too much to go into here. I'm sure it's been discussed. Favino vs Selmer or petite vs grand bouche) Searching the forum is your best bet for that info.