DjangoBooks.com

Tremelo excersises

spudspud paris, france✭✭✭✭
in Technique Posts: 101
Anybody have any good tremelo excersises? I have been working with a metronome and playing around with dividing the beat into 2/3/4/6/8 strokes (if you get what i mean) or alternating between 2 bars of pompe and 2 bars of tremelo, trying to get the tremelo that begins at the right speed straight away.
Also with the kind of sequence from this video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-2VExg_mN9E&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Any others?
Thanks!

Comments

• edited August 2014 Posts: 3,707
    I would suggest mastering a basic 16th tremelo (4 to a beat) first. Once you can play it on 1 chord smoothly and evenly with good timing and at speed, try moving down a semi for a bar then up a semi, up another and back to center. The goal is to be able to move between bars cleanly and quickly with no dead note strokes. Once that is mastered try moving the chord every two beats doing the same pattern and then down to one beat.

Once you have that mastered start switching between a bar of tremolo and a bar of pompe.

At that point you should have the right hand solid enough to start the loooonnnnnng process of being able to smoothly change chord shapes without missing a stroke.

Listen to Django's intro in Mystery Pacific. That's how it's supposed to be done.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • spudspud paris, france✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!!