DjangoBooks.com

Me on an orgasmic Antoine Di Mauro Heart hole

Comments

• BohemianBohemian State of Jefferson✭✭✭✭
    Great playing and that guitar has a helluva a lot of charm !
  • Stu BlagStu Blag
    Thanks Bohemian!
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @stubla
    From your You tube page which I enjoyed Thanks…
    Not been on Facebook much these last 2 days---this guitar is the reason! I think i'm in love:-) this Antoine Di Mauro has to be one of most beautiful guitars i've ever played--it has a really dark and burnished tone---like a vintage cognac... Anyway its been lovingly restored by maestro Killy Nonis and i'm a lucky temporary (alas)custodian(its for sale).

How much is it?

What a great sounding Guitar and I loved your playing…
    I also enjoyed the harmony sing along you do… certainly shows your having a wonderful time…

Great job to have being the custodian of that lovely instrument. I kind of think of it as being a Steward. ENJOY :-c

As @Boco said…
    quite a collection of Vinyl :one:

maybe if I kept mine I'd be playing a VINTAGE GYPSY GUITAR for someone.

pick on

pickitjohn :peace:
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    edited May 2014 Posts: 386
    Thanks John! about the guitar you need to contact Killy Nonis the restorer.I like to sing along discreetly when i'm playing--it makes you play more melodically.
    And yes maybe if i sold MY vinyl collection (most of it is very valuable Brazilian vinyl from the 60s and 70's and a lot of rare Gypsy Jazz LPs ) i could afford to buy this extraordinary guitar......
    btw I didn't mention it was for sale on this forum because i didn't want to piss off Mr Horowitz!
  • bluetrainbluetrain Finland✭✭✭ Cach, Epiphone Triumph, Gibson ES-300
    Beautiful playing Stu! I'm an instant fan! I love the Brazilian stuff also. Dilermando Reis and Garoto. Lot of nice stuff that works well on gypsy guitar. I've been working some of that material and it's so beautiful. Brazil is a pool of harmony imho.
    Thanks bluetrain.Yes the Brazilian guitar tradition is marvellous and many of the pieces work beautifully in Gypsy Jazz.Of course Fapy Lafertin's 'Valse D'Argentine' is actually the waltz 'Desvairada' by the Brazilian Garoto.
    What we can all learn from Brazilian popular music,even the gypsies dare i say,is about Harmony.
    Brazilian popular music is the most sophisticated popular music in the world in that regard i think,certainly nowadays.
    Funnily enough Fapy Lafertin is one of the few gypsy jazzer's who has recorded Brazilian choros,and very well too.I was talking to him at Samoreau a few years ago and he was actually quite derisory of 'Gypsy Bossa'---which of course has nothing to do with Bossa-Nova and is really a Rumba rhythm.Fapy really understands what makes Brazilian music special.
    Anyway thanks again for the thumbs up!
    Stu
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 1,252
    http://wwwl.rioconbrio.net/listen/

A couple friends have been doing Choro & Gypsy for several years now. If they get a gypsy gig - they're called 'Stumptown Swing', if they get a Choro gig they're 'Rio Con Brio'

Anyway, they're great guys and talented and it's wonderful music. I've also wondered why there isn't more crossover, but it's nice to know that there is some.

And yes Stu... that was some righteous work - yes a great old guitar, but more important - that you know how to make it sing.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
    As my gypsy friend Benji says 'play with love-- that's the most important thing'
    More difficult than it sounds:-)
    Yeah! Rioconbrio sound pretty good!
    here is a chorinho i did on cavaquinho with my friend Jon Preiss on 7 string guitar.hope you like it!

Thanks Bob.
    Stu
  • That's some very fancy pickin Stu......
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Wow, very nice! That's really fun to listen to. I think I may be a convert to choro music now...