DjangoBooks.com

SOLD - Rodrigo Shopis 2013 Model F (Favino) D-Hole for Sale.

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Jay, did you get my e-mail?
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • Yes I did I will be in touch.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Price reduced, $3300. I just want it to go to a good home. Rodrigo is a fine, fine artist and this guitar is worthy to stand with the best....so I hope one of you looking for this kind of sound and quality, bring it home. - Paul
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Looks like a beaut, Paul. Now if I could only convince my wife I need another gypsy guitar...:D

Sorry to hear that you're going to leave our ranks, but we can always hope that one day you'll return to the fold.

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    Thank you, Will. I wish you years of happiness and nimble fingers, friend. And a glass of good burgundy in Paris, again.

All my very best.
    -Paul

Bump. Will be listing on Chicago community pages, etc., as well. Video demo coming. Thanks.
    -Paul

Will be listing on Chicago community pages, etc., as well.

It would be super if someone close picked it up and I got the chance to see it in person.

Paul, I saw the pics of cheese and bread on photobucket.
    OMG it looks soooo good and yummy!!

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I'm really sorry to hear about this, Paul, although I knew it was coming eventually. If I had not ordered a new guitar from Rodrigo recently, I would have been very interested in this one. Everything Ted says about Rodrigo and his guitars is spot on. they are not slavish imitations - he has enormous respect for the past but incorporates some of his own ideas to create something both old and new at the same time. He makes guitars that sound wonderful, play easily, and are gorgeous to look at, all at an astonishingly low price. Doesn't get much better than that.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    I haven't been here in awhile, guys. Buco, Ben, Ted - thank you. This community is the tightest group of people I've had the privilege of coming to know. You're, every one of you, special folks and I'm grateful to have exchanged with you. Ted, a special thanks to you. You're a fantastic teacher and a good man, and I want to thank you for sharing your knowledge as you did.

I also want to thank you, and Ben, for your voices of experience with Rodrigo and Ted, with this guitar; you both said it in a way I could not. I'm honored, Ted, that yours were the first hands to play her.

It really is a beautiful instrument, all. Admittedly I haven't played a ton of other guitars, but what hit me immediately, brought tears to my eyes, was just how easy the guitar was to play and how rich and sonorous it was on my first chords and notes with it. I was utterly astounded and that only grew the more I played her. This is going to sound lame, but a quality of dark fruits - baked plums; not fresh cherries. It's an incredible rhythm instrument, which is what I played on it, and when I hear Alfonso Ponticelli or Olli play it, I was so pleased to hear its loud - but balanced and clear - announcement on lead lines. It's a cannon, as Alfonso said, but its a rich cannon.

Rodrigo truly is an artist and without knowing more, just from my experience with him, I'd have to back up what Ted said, each and every guitar is a new adventure for Rodrigo, and he throws himself entirely into his customer's makes. He's a deep, deep artist in his work. I think if you were to ask Stephane Wrembel, Samson and Dorado Schmitt, Biel Ballester, they'd mirror the comments here.

I'm sorry to have been so late on getting a clip together - working with a friend of mine to get one with a good sound quality, as it really does need to be heard. I'll get it up and post it.

I'm letting this go at far below the build price of $3800. You save the build time of several months at a deep discount on the price for what amounts to an essentially new instrument. If you're looking for an instrument that is deep and rich, I'd offer - it would be hard for you to do better. Thanks for considering.

Paul
    -Paul

The guitar has been sold. Thank you everyone.
    -Paul