What "aha!" moments have you had in your studies which really pushed your improvisation to a new level? Here are a few of mine ..
1. realising that m6, m7b5, dominant 9 were really the same chord
2. noticing that augmented chords could shift 4 frets the same as diminished chords could shift 3 frets
3. finding that the 3rd and the m7th swap places in a tritone sub, and later ...
4. ... finding that the 9th and the b13th do the exact same trick
5. joining the fretboard up with the CAGED shapes
Not exactly recent discoveries, but they're some things that really opened doors in my playing and maybe they can help other people too (plus maybe other people have some good ones that can help me!). No.1 in particular just made so many things click together, and even though I was aware of the fact on a theory level it was quite some time before I grokked it enough to instinctively use in practice - once it was fluent it was suddenly like everything I already had under my fingers became 3 times as useful.