DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthday

mschafft

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Ideas for another GJ guitar

I bought an ALD guitar (original, petit bouche) last year and I absolutely love it. Very lush sound. Any recs on another nice model with a slightly different sound? One can never have too many nice instruments. Unfortunately I do not have the ability to play lots of these guitars to get a sense of the differences between them. Favino style? D hole?

Related Discussions

Discussion Starter Forum R / V Latest
Looking for a used GJ guitar for about $160 (in the US)I am getting my tax return back in a few weeks and, unfortunately, I won't have much left over with all the stuff I need to pay for. I'll have roughl… wildfire Classifieds 13 / 1.5K fusejaz on February 2011
Looking for a GJ Guitar for a Friend on a BudgetFolks, I have a friend who is a fine jazz guitarist on the West Coast looking to get a gypsy guitar. His budget is $1,100 tops. That eliminates a lot… Michael Bauer Classifieds 1 / 598 backdrifter on August 2014
New ideas for GJ guitar designsIf I was filthy rich, and could experiment on making a new guitar, I would like to see if any of these ideas would work on a Manouche style axe: 1… woodamand Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 22 / 1.2K Bob Holo on March 2017
My first GJ guitar! Looking for Saga Cigano GJ-10I have been looking through the forum & have came to the equation a Cigano is the best guitar for me to start with. I really want to buy one a bra… bbsbaker Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 2 / 310 bbsbaker on April 2017
?Your Favorite non-Selmac Guitar for GJ style?Greetings all! After watching the "Django Legacy", I found it very interesting that Bireli Lagrene got a pretty damn good sound out of an Ovation w… Kurt Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 14 / 4.4K djadam on October 2005
Good Guitar Shop for GJ Setup In Los Angeles AreaDoes anyone know of a very good guitar shop for GJ setup in Los Angeles area? I just purchased a used Dupont MD50e . Great Guitar but the high E buzz… GrimfanDjango Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 6 / 1.4K Campusfive on June 2006
Looking for brass tuners for my selmer style guitarHi all, i'be been tinkering with my guitar for some time as some of my previous threads show. Its a Gitane Saga DG250M which i stripped and coated in… TenorClef Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 8 / 2K Josh Hegg on October 2007
Trade Eastman for GJ guitar?Is anybody interested in trading a gypsy guitar for an archtop? I had auctioned it on ebay, but the high bidder backed out and I was going to use th… badjazz Classifieds 4 / 1.2K badjazz on February 2008
GJ style guitar for chord-melody?Hi guys, I haven't posted in ages, but after a long respite, I'm getting back into gypsy jazz. I'd like to buy myself one of the Jorgenson Gitanes… andy Gypsy Jazz 101 5 / 1.3K Stackabones on February 2009
best solution for amplification the GJ lead guitar[i][b]amplification, for a lead guitarist with [u](75%lead+25%rhythm)[/u] in solo ,on stage :[/b][/i] [b]1.[/b] only a Bigtone [b]2.[/b] Bigtone+A… Mehran s Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 11 / 1.1K marciero on January 2010
New to GJ and looking for a bit of guitar adviceHi folks, I'm pretty new to Gypsy Jazz style. I suppose you would have called me a folk/blues player, until I saw a little band playing Gypsy Jazz i… slimbo77 Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 5 / 580 slimbo77 on November 2010
What's the best new GJ guitar in 2012 / order a JP Favino guitarHi musicians In Your Opinion,What's the best new gypsy guitar in 2012 ? Regards Mehran s Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 38 / 5.8K gitpicker on March 2012
Trade My Martin For Your GJ Guitar.........hey guys and gals , new here , i got the gj really really bad , bought ultraspontane by jorgenson 2 months ago and now i am hooked , i'm a longtime … harry65 Classifieds 4 / 647 Steveareno on November 2012
WTB Bireli Lagrene Guitar Project 12 Note for Note guitar tI got this DVD a few weeks and just found out about this book: Bireli Lagrene Guitar Project 12 Note for Note guitar transcriptions [plus guitar bo… kevorkazito Classifieds 1 / 425 kevorkazito on February 2013
Would a GJ guitar be a good choice for me?I don't play Gypsy Jazz music. I like it and plan to get into it at some point but atm I just play in a bar band in southern Louisiana playing countr… Kevin Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 11 / 993 Steveareno on May 2013
Best GJ Guitar for Serious Travel???I am going to be backpacking around SE Asia, India and Nepal for 6 months and am trying to decide what guitar to take. I have been pondering some sor… TimW Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 7 / 867 Buco on October 2013
Can you use GJ guitar as regular western acoustic guitar?If you put bronze acoustic strings on GJ guitar will it sound similar to an acoustic guitar? Are there any other things that would help to do this? Paulius Volkovas Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 13 / 1.7K constantine on May 2014
DPA 4009 guitar mic, Audio Techinca AT70 guitar mic, Miller S.51 pickup for saleDPA: 400euro AT70:80 euro MIller:180 euro All items are used, The DPA is in mint condition, the Audio Techinca is moderately used, and the Miller,… nicksansone Classifieds 6 / 1.1K nicksansone on June 2015
Nolan Books/CDs: Essential GJ Guitar Licks Volume 2 and The GJ Songbook and PlayAlong Volume 2I have signed up for so many of Robin Nolan's courses that I recently received brand new copies of two of his publications that turn out to be ones I… croth Classifieds 1 / 312 croth on November 2015
Looking for GJ play-along tracks for rhythm guitarist: only lead and bassI'm looking for GJ play-along tracks for a rhythm guitarist to "rhythm on." I would like to be able to hone my rhythm skills at home in the same way … bohemewarbler Welcome 15 / 806 Daveyc on November 2015