DjangoBooks.com

"La Mer" or "Beyond the Sea"

steteaksteteak Kern County, California Paris Swing
edited August 2013 in Repertoire Posts: 50
Does any one have an arrangement and melody for the song "La Mer" (Beyond the Sea)?

Comments

• ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    I have a transcription of Bireli Lagrene's version of the basic melody, which I use as a reference guide if I forget a small part or something. I've also transcribed Django's solo on "La Mer" from the 1949 Rome sessions if you need that as well (such a beautiful solo as well I might add). I have the transcriptions available in both Powertab and PDF, so if your interested just let me know what format you want and I'll post them. 8)
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Here's a lead sheet in the key of F - I think that is what you were looking for.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • steteaksteteak Kern County, California Paris Swing
    Shawn wrote:
    I have a transcription of Bireli Lagrene's version of the basic melody, which I use as a reference guide if I forget a small part or something. I've also transcribed Django's solo on "La Mer" from the 1949 Rome sessions if you need that as well (such a beautiful solo as well I might add). I have the transcriptions available in both Powertab and PDF, so if your interested just let me know what format you want and I'll post them. 8)

Thank you Shawn, PDF. I have "Sidewinder" and "Splanky" chord charts to trade. My Professor in Jazz is accommodating me by incorporating "La Mer." With your help, I will be able to expose others to the sound. Thank you. I wish I had more to offer, but as of yet, I have not acquired many charts.
    klaatu wrote:
    Here's a lead sheet in the key of F - I think that is what you were looking for.
    Thank you Klaatu, it will help nicely. I just printed, and noticed that it has chords and main melody. It is a great copy and will work for training.
    stuart wrote:
    It's in the django fakebook (link in the Links for Rookies thread in the Gypsy 101 forum if you don't already have it)

Stuart, the link is great. Thank you.