DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthday

mschafft

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Aylward Gypsy Guitars?

jonpowljonpowl Santa Cruz, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Cigano GJ-10
I had the chance to play a used Rob Aylward gypsy guitar at a shop in Petaluma this past weekend. It was a nice guitar with the leger et sec sound, at least compared with my Gitane DG-255, It didn't seem all that loud, especially on the B and E strings, but it did have a built in pickup. Anybody have any feedback on Aylward Gypsy Guitars and what one might expect to pay for a used one? The Aylward web site offers very little information.
Thanks!

Related Discussions

Discussion Starter Forum R / V Latest
Gypsy guitars in non-gypsy jazz Movies!....I'm watching this movie "Momma's Man" 2008 set in New York and up pops an old Saga Gitane D-500 with the dark satin brown/orange finish, large D … B25Gib Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 3 / 870 B25Gib on November 2009
Aylward Gypsy Guitars?I had the chance to play a used Rob Aylward gypsy guitar at a shop in Petaluma this past weekend. It was a nice guitar with the leger et sec sound, a… jonpowl Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 2 / 2.1K jonpowl on May 2013
Win an Aylward Gypsy Jazz Guitar for just £10.00Hi Guys Just a quick note to let you know I've bought an Aylward guitar worth over £1,600 (approx $3,000) and am giving it away for £10.00 (approx $… Zoot Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 1 / 1.1K Zoot on January 2005
Can anyone tell me about CSL "Gypsy" guitars?I read that they were made by Mario himself is this true? Are they good? I just saw one in a shop near house (I'm not tellng where! yet..) for a … steve slivka Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 6 / 3.3K Jack on February 2005
Gypsy Jazz licks: not just for Gypsy Jazz!In addition to gypsy jazz, I am also a big fan of 1960's era Jamaican ska music. Recently I recorded some tracks for my Ska group and did a very inte… V-dub Welcome 6 / 2.1K Barengero on March 2006
RJ Aylward guitars?Anyone have any experience playing an Alyward oval hole? I know Robin Nolan and Gary Potter have played them, but I've never seen one or played one. … mcgroup53 Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 2 / 1.3K nwilkins on May 2006
Big Band and Gypsy Guitars?Hi does any one have any experience using their gypsy guitars in a big band setting? I know you would normally find an archtop in a big band setting … TenorClef Gypsy Jazz 101 4 / 2.4K TenorClef on September 2006
Vintage Gypsy guitars vs. Modern makersHey, Just curious. With the rise in availability of modern Selmer/Mac style guitars, what are your thoughts on the older vintage instruments found, … kidtulsa Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 14 / 3.9K Campusfive on November 2006
Django-guitars compared to other acoustic guitarsIs a $2500 Django-guitar as good as a $2500 other acoustic guitar(og a good brand ofcourse). I hope you understand my question, even though it's not … Arnstein Welcome 42 / 9.8K rafapak on September 2007
Gypsy Playing without Gypsy Picking ?Hi all new user here. As with many others, I spent years and years playing the wrong kind of music before discovering Django :wink: Through year… willbarbero Technique 5 / 2.4K MichaelHorowitz on November 2007
Who makes handmade gypsy guitars?If I am missing any builders from this list, just message me and I will add. I wont add a builder to this list if they don't have some kind of reput… djangology FAQ 75 / 31.5K Chris Martin on November 2007
searching for gypsy jazz guitars on the internetIf you were looking to find a gypsy jazz guitar or a luthier on the internet what words would you use in your search? viper Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 2 / 640 Jeff Moore on June 2008
GYPSY GUITAR MADE BY GYPSYGYPSY GUITAR FOR SALE MADE BY GYPSY specification; back/side laminate - maple and master grage mahogany cuban rich red beutiful colour ,neck fla… kalo Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 0 / 608 kalo on September 2008
From "Gypsy Picking" to "Gypsy Fire"This summer, I attended "Django in June", where I had the chance to take four or five lessons with Michael Horowitz (who gave the best handouts, BTW,… Lango-Django Gypsy Picking 3 / 1.5K patrol on September 2008
any guitar shops in NYC sell affordable gypsy jazz guitars?I really would like to be able to play one before buying, and that's why i've refrained from buying online. I live right near NYC but any shop I look… django_nj Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 2 / 1.5K a on December 2008
What sort of gypsy rhythm in Gypsy Rhythm?I am considering buying Gypsy Rhythm. My question is this (and you can redirect me if it has already been addressed): Django, if I'm not mistaken, ha… Yehoshua Gypsy Rhythm 6 / 2K JazzDawg on May 2009
Gypsy Picking, Gypsy Fire, and other books/cds for saleI’m cleaning out my music library and have several books I’d like to sell. I’d like to ship using the usps one-rate envelopes so please add $4.95 per… gary Classifieds 2 / 515 Eric Skye on September 2009
Vintage Gypsy Jazz Guitars as InvestmentsI was having a converstation with a fellow musician last night on the economic trends and future value of vintage instruments, mostly acoustic instru… TPC168 Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 25 / 2K MichaelHorowitz on November 2009
f-hole gypsy guitarsI've only played one, a Dell'Arte. Does anyone know what makes of f-hole gypsy guitars are around, and how they are compared to oval or d-holes? everett Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 4 / 928 klaatu on September 2010
Well worn gypsy guitars?I have an affinity for guitars, in general, that at well worn and/or fixed in a "gypsyish" way. Such as Mondine Garcia using packing tape to hold his… wildfire Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 9 / 850 Craig Bumgarner on May 2011